Anyone taking Amtrak on the 4th of July?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kendoggbyrd

Just asking? Does Amtrak do something special on that day? Are there special policies in place?

Traveled on Amtrak during Thanksgiving and Xmas and New Years but never saw anything particularly special on those days either. Several years ago they used to have holiday themed meals sometimes but I don't think they're doing that anymore. I suppose working over a holiday may sap much of the potential for jubilation.

Think of a train that serves a major city around 10pm local time and you can see the fireworks display.

The eastbound LSL leaves CHI at 9:30pm, maybe you can see the Chicago fireworks.

How about the northbound CS into the Bay Area around 10pm (Not sure if you can see the Golden Gate Bridge from the train)?

Bob Dylan, are there any big fireworks displays in San Antonio for the 4th? If so, you might see it on the way into SAS from the southbound TE.

Any others?

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the Wolverine to Chicago and back a few years ago. The train was practically empty in both directions, which was pretty nice.

Once it got close to dusk, I was able to watch some fireworks displays. Unfortunately, sunset coincided with my arrival at my home station. I imagine I would have seen many more fireworks shows had I stayed on the train past dark.

The Empire Builder is scheduled to arrive in St.Paul at 10:03 pm, and depart at 10:20 pm.
And I'm a Saint Paul native, the fireworks are at 22:00 @ CHS Field - 3 blocks from the Amtrak station, I've no clue how visible the pyrotechnics will be from SPUD.

The Empire Builder usually :) arrives 10-15 minutes early at MSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was on the CZ (3), the only thing special was we were on time the entire trip. We did get to view many different profession displays at many suburbs around Provo about 9:30P. That was real nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back