Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Superliner Bedroom A-any pictures?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kendoggydoggbyrd_*

Guest_kendoggydoggbyrd_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

I was assigned Superliner Bedroom A and as I've said on here before, I know this is smaller of the bedrooms and isolated (there is no connection to another bedroom).

But I'm still dying to actually see if it is the right bedroom and not rely on a diagram.

Can anyone take pictures and post them on here? Or you think an Amtrak attendant at Union Station Chicago would let me board one of the empty trains after it pulls into the station and the people disembark and see the bedroom for myself?  

#2 PerRock

PerRock

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Rail, Auran Trainz, Traveling, Graphic Design

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

But I'm still dying to actually see if it is the right bedroom and not rely on a diagram.

Right bedroom for what? Bedroom A is Bedroom A.

peter

Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.

http://www.amtraktrainz.com

#3 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

https://images.searc...v-web&fr=mcafee

The bathroom intrudes on the space more in Bedroom A than the other bedrooms because the bathroom entrance is towards the hall side of the room and not towards the window side of the room.

http://s4.zetaboards...tkz/pages/cars/

1963U. S. Congress - underground trolley system • Disneyland train (1968/various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr Coast Starlight •  Southwest ChiefSunset LimitedTexas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr

. . . . . . . Amtrak miles - 16,383, so far.

#4 ehbowen

ehbowen

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Or you think an Amtrak attendant at Union Station Chicago would let me board one of the empty trains after it pulls into the station and the people disembark and see the bedroom for myself?

Might work, although I had more luck with such requests before 9/11. Your biggest problem will be getting onto the platform past the gate dragons. However, if you talk to a supervisor as one of the western LD's is due in and tell him that you're planning your first trip in a Bedroom and you'd really like to see one in person, I think your chances of success would be at least fifty-fifty.

broadside-1.jpg 16 inch Armor Piercing...When you care enough to send the very, VERY best!
Visit Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables from the Streamliner era.

#5 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

Superliner Bedroom A

IMG_0488_zpsocu32k1r.jpg

#6 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • Interests:Car collecting, Train Travel, Model RR, Visiting Historical sights, Cooking, Antiques, but above all love for friends and family.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

Bedroom A is a bit tighter as the right corner as you enter has been diagonally cut a bit to conform with the curving of the hall at the end of the car.  Just guessing I would say that it is 1 sq ft smaller. What isn't so nice is that the bathroom door doesn't open as wide as in the other bedrooms.  This could present a problem to people that are on the larger side.

#7 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

The issue we found was climbing down the ladder then having to squeeze along the lower bed without falling into it to get to the bathroom.  It appeared there was less room for carry on, may just be the awkward configuration.  No real issue for one person.

Trains Traveled On:
Texas Eagle                                      Sunset Limited                            California Zephyr                                Southwest Chief                Empire Builder            Capitol Limited           Lake Shore limited (NYP & BOS)      Crescent
Kentucky Cardinal                             Cardinal                                       Pere Marquette                                  Wolverines                        Lincoln Service            Empire Service          Keystone Service                               Acelas
NE Regionals                                    Pioneer                                        Desert Wind                                       Broadway Limited             Three Rivers                 Coast Starlight                          

Amtrak Miles Logged: over 211,000

#8 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:38 PM

These are from the Coast Starlight #11(25) on 7/26 in the 1131 Sleeper.

Attached File  20170726_153309.jpg   73.78KB   19 downloads

Attached File  20170726_153321.jpg   63.61KB   18 downloads

Attached File  20170726_153325.jpg   88.35KB   19 downloads

Attached File  20170726_153332.jpg   80.77KB   19 downloads

Attached File  20170726_153345.jpg   64.92KB   20 downloads

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#9 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

For a single, no big deal unless really large and have an issue with the bathroom door, if 2 in the room see Lonestar's comment on the upper bunk access.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users