Superliner Bedroom A-any pictures?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kendoggydoggbyrd_*

Guest_kendoggydoggbyrd_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

I was assigned Superliner Bedroom A and as I've said on here before, I know this is smaller of the bedrooms and isolated (there is no connection to another bedroom).

But I'm still dying to actually see if it is the right bedroom and not rely on a diagram.

Can anyone take pictures and post them on here? Or you think an Amtrak attendant at Union Station Chicago would let me board one of the empty trains after it pulls into the station and the people disembark and see the bedroom for myself?  

#2 PerRock

PerRock

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Rail, Auran Trainz, Traveling, Graphic Design

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

But I'm still dying to actually see if it is the right bedroom and not rely on a diagram.

Right bedroom for what? Bedroom A is Bedroom A.

peter

Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.

http://www.amtraktrainz.com

#3 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

https://images.searc...v-web&fr=mcafee

The bathroom intrudes on the space more in Bedroom A than the other bedrooms because the bathroom entrance is towards the hall side of the room and not towards the window side of the room.

http://s4.zetaboards...tkz/pages/cars/

1963U. S. Congress - underground trolley system • Disneyland train (1968/various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr Coast Starlight •  Southwest ChiefSunset LimitedTexas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr

. . . . . . . Amtrak miles - 16,383, so far.

#4 ehbowen

ehbowen

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Or you think an Amtrak attendant at Union Station Chicago would let me board one of the empty trains after it pulls into the station and the people disembark and see the bedroom for myself?

Might work, although I had more luck with such requests before 9/11. Your biggest problem will be getting onto the platform past the gate dragons. However, if you talk to a supervisor as one of the western LD's is due in and tell him that you're planning your first trip in a Bedroom and you'd really like to see one in person, I think your chances of success would be at least fifty-fifty.

broadside-1.jpg 16 inch Armor Piercing...When you care enough to send the very, VERY best!
Visit Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables from the Streamliner era.

#5 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

Superliner Bedroom A

IMG_0488_zpsocu32k1r.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic