Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Addition to - 'The Accidental Round the World Trip'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 v v

v v

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

Here's a link to a travel writers blog featuring the exact same Trans Siberian Express train we travelled on. She travelled First Class and was in the car in front of ours. We had diner with this American professional travel blog writer, Sharon King Hoge, she's a complete travel junkie and a fascinating person to spend a couple of hours with.

I'm posting this as a comparative to the original posted below, it gives extra detail and a different view on the same journey of the Trans Sib from Moscow to Vladivostok in March this year.

http://www.sharonkin...beria-by-train/

Edited by v v, 24 June 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#2 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Wonderful account, and it certainly does present a complementary view to yours. Thanks for posting.

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,142 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

Thanks for sharing Jamie! Very interesting!😎
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users