Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

AGR Partners?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

This Old Fart is thinking about getting a smart phone!  :wacko:  :blink:  :giggle:

Are there any partners of AGR I should deal with for points? Target maybe, if I went with Consumer Cellular?

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

HAVE FUN

#2 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,092 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

I'm not sure if you can do in-store pickup at Target, but if you can yes to both. But you may have to have it shipped to earn points. Read the T&C for earning points with them. (Example - Walmart & Home Depot allow in-store pickups to earn points, but Bed, Bath & Beyond does not. BB&B purchases must be shipped to earn points.)

I have and like Consumer Cellular!:) Besides a very reasonable cost, if you go over your limit, you are AUTOMATICALLY raised to the next level. And for us old fogies, they offer a 5% discount monthly if you're an AARP member! (I joined AARP for 5 years at it worked out to be $12.50/year and I save over $15/year on my cellphone. No brainer! :) )
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#3 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

Several years ago, I purchased two Galaxy S4 phones from Best Buy to replace our previous models. Went through the shopping portal and did an "in store" pickup.

Worked out good for points and a nearby same day pickup!

Edited by FrensicPic, 23 June 2017 - 07:08 PM.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#4 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

I know this may be going a little off topic but, any suggestions on the phone type I should lean toward?

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

HAVE FUN

#5 City of Miami

City of Miami

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

I just wanted to put a pinky in and test the water so I got a BLU 2G phone on Amazon for $49. It works great with wifi and I used it a couple months as a tiny computer in my pocket. Then I stumbled on US Mobile which costs me $9/mo for 100 min phone 100 texts & 100 mb data on US Cellular network. 2G is slow but it does work with patience when needed which is not too often. Email & apps work OK.

#6 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

If you have Amazon Prime there's a sponsored phone through BLU that's $50-$60 and not too bad for the price.

#7 me_little_me

me_little_me

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

If you have Amazon Prime there's a sponsored phone through BLU that's $50-$60 and not too bad for the price.

Amazon is not a partner unless that is newly changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users