AGR Partners?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail Freak

Engineer
This Old Fart is thinking about getting a smart phone! :wacko: :blink: :giggle:

Are there any partners of AGR I should deal with for points? Target maybe, if I went with Consumer Cellular?

I'm not sure if you can do in-store pickup at Target, but if you can yes to both. But you may have to have it shipped to earn points. Read the T&C for earning points with them. (Example - Walmart & Home Depot allow in-store pickups to earn points, but Bed, Bath & Beyond does not. BB&B purchases must be shipped to earn points.)

I have and like Consumer Cellular! :) Besides a very reasonable cost, if you go over your limit, you are AUTOMATICALLY raised to the next level. And for us old fogies, they offer a 5% discount monthly if you're an AARP member! (I joined AARP for 5 years at it worked out to be $12.50/year and I save over $15/year on my cellphone. No brainer! :) )

Several years ago, I purchased two Galaxy S4 phones from Best Buy to replace our previous models. Went through the shopping portal and did an "in store" pickup.

Worked out good for points and a nearby same day pickup!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to put a pinky in and test the water so I got a BLU 2G phone on Amazon for $49. It works great with wifi and I used it a couple months as a tiny computer in my pocket. Then I stumbled on US Mobile which costs me $9/mo for 100 min phone 100 texts & 100 mb data on US Cellular network. 2G is slow but it does work with patience when needed which is not too often. Email & apps work OK.

Back