Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Canadian LD Trains Missing From On-Time Map

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skyline

Skyline

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

Just noticed that all the Canadian (VIA) long distance trains aren't showing up on http://asm.transitdocs.com/

Some of the "corridor" trains are showing up, however.

Is this just a reporting glitch, or is there some real issue like government or labor strife?

#2 Train2104

Train2104

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

They've been pulled from tsimobile.viarail.ca, from which I get my data.

#3 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts
  • Interests:Car collecting, Train Travel, Model RR, Visiting Historical sights, Cooking, Antiques, but above all love for friends and family.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:56 AM

With the tiny amount of action that Canadian trains receive from this website I doubt if this will be missed. Not that I have anything against VIA rail but this is an Amtrak forum

#4 Dakota 400

Dakota 400

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:33 PM

Odd that they are missing and I wonder why.  Because of my interest in booking The Canadian, I have been regularly checking the train.  It had been appearing even this week, I recall.

#5 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

With the tiny amount of action that Canadian trains receive from this website I doubt if this will be missed. Not that I have anything against VIA rail but this is an Amtrak forum

It's certainly pertinent to some, and considering this was posted in the VIA Rail section of the forum, it's definitely of interest to those that browse this part of the forum. I'm also guessing there's plenty of traffic to that site from non-forum members.

#6 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

It disappeared on the one day I was using it for real time information. Had I know. To wait just one more minute
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#7 Skyline

Skyline

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

There has been plenty of non-Amtrak (including VIA) discussion here. And plenty of railfans ride The Canadian and other VIA trains suddenly missing from the map. As I did, last month. My interest in Canadian trains continues. I doubt I'm alone in wanting to track The Canadian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users