How to contact a SCA from the Sunset Limited?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6862

Engineer
On our recent Amtrak travels we spoke at length with a sleeping car attendant on the east bound Sunset Limited about travel in general and a few specifics. Jay and his wife are avid travellers when not working and we are too, we had an amount in common.

He gave us advice on an area of the world we have never visited and offered more advice if we wished, he gave us his email to contact him.

We were tired and near the end of a very long journey, and have managed to lose his email. We would like to contact him again if possible as he has really inspired us to visit one of his favourite regions, he has a wealth of knowledge of which so much is very practical too.

Is there a place or a method of contacting an Amtrak employee working a specific route or is that not allowed? Or maybe someone from this forum will be riding the SL in the next few months and come across Jay and mention us to him via the forum.

We are Brits who live in the UK and France, Jamie and Rosie and were regular diner companions with Matthew Modine when we all travelled from LAX to NOL. Jay is in his fifties? with a bright open face and a ready smile. About 5' 7" / 5' 8" with dark hair.

Appreciate any help with this

The only thing I can think of is to contact Customer Relations. Explain your situation and say you would like to contact ______. Include your email address, and they may contact him. If he wishes to, he may consider contacting you.

They will not provide you the email address directly.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay was my SCA in May on my trip from LA to NOLA. He was a wealth of information and very friendly. If you make contact, please tell him that Jerry from Tennessee sends his regards. Thank you.

Thank you TT, I'll do that later this evening. Wouldn't expect Amtrak to hand over an employee's details and happy to give Amtrak my email so we'll see.

Be pleased to pass that message on for you Jerry, here's hoping...

Did consider that CCC and nearly used it, but thought it may just get filed without the request being read through. Have asked through the 'General' tab and now waiting a response.

Thanks for the thought

Back