Amtrak San Joaquin 50% Companion Discount Portal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seat38a

Engineer
I booked three round trips on the San Joaquin for the 4th weekend and almost ended up paying A LOT more. I remembered last year there was a special on the San Joaquin where if you buy a full fare adult ticket, your companion's travel with you for 50% off. I thought Amtrak's system on the homepage would automatically handle this promo but when I got out my iPhone and did the calculations, there was no discount. Only after visiting the San Joaquin page on amtrak.com did I find out that there is a special link you need to click to get the discount, which can be found here: https://www.amtrak.com/san-joaquin-friends-and-family-companion-fares

In my case, the fare difference had I not found the link would have been $96.00 extra paid.

For anyone traveling on the San Joaquin, with family, please be aware!

Quite a few of the Amtrak California discounts have to be done directly through a specific web page. Some discounts can be done with an code through the regular Amtrak page, and those can generally be combined with multi-city bookings.

I remember some crazy stuff, like the 50% off weekend specials on Capitol Corridor. I remember going round-trip Richmond-EMY-SFC in under 2.5 hours for $12. I grabbed some coffee and bread at the Ferry Building and was back in Richmond with 400 TQPs.

Back