4 replies to this topic

#1 erinch13

erinch13

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Hi all, on June 29 we will be boarding the Keystone in Lancaster, Pa, to go to Philly, where we will pick up the Acela to Was, where we will catch the CL to Chi, to catch the SWC to Albuquerque. It will be a 3 week trip, so we need to manage our carryons for the 3 day train trip, plus the big suitcases we will be checking when we get to WAS. Never used a red cap at Philly. Can they help get luggage from the platform to the Acela lounge, and then on to the Acela?

Thank you!

#2 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,832 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Yes they can. Just make sure you inform the conductor that you will need a red cap upon arrival of Philly. And then let the red cap know you'll be on Acela 21** or 22** to D.C. And you'll like to use the lounge. Enjoy your trip!
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#3 erinch13

erinch13

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Thanks so much!

#4 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

The Keystone has cubbyholes in the coaches where you can stow bigger bags. Might I suggest boarding at Elizabethtown instead of Lancaster? E-Town has free long-term parking, has a nice station building and is completely ADA accessible. I'm not sure if you've ever boarded at Lancaster; but it is a very busy station. It can be difficult to find two empty seats together. If I remember correctly, Lancaster also does not have free parking, unless this has changed. It's your choice, but I highly recommend boarding at Elizabethtown. It may be 15 minutes out of the way, but you'll get two seats together and there won't be that many people aboard the train so it will be easier to stow your luggage. Did I mention free long-term parking?

#5 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

I know 30th Street has Red Cap Service. I am trying to find out more about that because I am taking the train from Florida to Elizabethtown in March. I'm not sure how they'll handle my checked luggage given that I am changing trains in PHL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users