94 Northeast Regional NPN to BAL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a question:

Why is there a discrepancy in departure time of the 94 NER from NPN between the ticket reservation page of the Amtrak website and the actual timetable? Specifically, the itinerary for this train lists the departure time as 9:00 A, while the timetable lists it as 9:15 A. Which departure time should I follow?

Thanks!

Actually Dave, since 94 runs the NEC, the NEC timetables are updated a few times a year. So far this year January and April. CSX is in the process of making it easier for Amtrak trains and other trains to get by Acca Yard in Richmond.

The times for 67/66 and 95/94 were slightly adjusted recently to attempt to alleviate the delays caused by the two trains meeting each other while traveling in opposite directions.

If you're leaving with in the next two weeks or so, 94 is leaving 90 minutes or so earlier than what is on your ticket and/or website.

Actually, I will be heading to Baltimore on 6/15 and returning late the next day. Can you provide a link to any news story or Amtrak advisory regarding the change in departure time?
This is actually a very easy DIY. Go to Amtrak.com or use the mobile apps. Search the city pairs and date in question as if looking to purchase tickets. Find the desired train number.

***The departure and arrival times displayed are accurate.***

Example:

May 30th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

May 31st #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 1st #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 2nd #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 5th #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 6th #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 7th #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 8th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

June 9th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

June 15th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

Actually, I will be heading to Baltimore on 6/15 and returning late the next day. Can you provide a link to any news story or Amtrak advisory regarding the change in departure time?
This is actually a very easy DIY. Go to Amtrak.com or use the mobile apps. Search the city pairs and date in question as if looking to purchase tickets. Find the desired train number.

***The departure and arrival times displayed are accurate.***

Example:

May 30th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

May 31st #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 1st #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 2nd #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 5th #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 6th #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 7th #94 departs NPN at 7:40AM; makes BAL at 1:47PM*

June 8th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

June 9th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM

June 15th #94 departs NPN at 9:00AM; makes BAL at 2:48PM
Thirdrail7's post was a little confusing as he said "than what is on your ticket and/or website."

Actually, I had already purchased tickets, and my e-Ticket document shows the 94 NER departing NPN at 9:00 AM and arriving in BAL at 2:48 PM

On the return, it shows the 83 NER departing BAL at 4:38 PM and arriving in NPN at 10:15 PM.

I just wanted to clarify whether I should go by my ticket info or by the timetable. Looks like I know which one to go by.

Thanks! :)

Actually, I had already purchased tickets, and my e-Ticket document shows the 94 NER departing NPN at 9:00 AM and arriving in BAL at 2:48 PM

On the return, it shows the 83 NER departing BAL at 4:38 PM and arriving in NPN at 10:15 PM.

I just wanted to clarify whether I should go by my ticket info or by the timetable. Looks like I know which one to go by.

Thanks! :)
Understood that you already had tickets. Doing a mock search as if you hadn't purchased yet in many situations is a great way to verify departure information. Regardless, your travel date appears to be after this project and shouldn't be effected. The lesson here and that goes for everybody who just can't let go of their precious timetables is that timetables can not be trusted. Sure they are still a great tool for doing preliminary trip planning but when it comes to short term trackwork projects they can be horribly wrong. In the case of this project, someone who follows their precious timetable like it's the Holy Gospel and shows up at the published time for 94 is going to be long left behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back