Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Charlotte Lynx

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VentureForth

VentureForth

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Are there any plans to have a connection from the Blue Line to the Amtrak station at CLT? Any plans to expand service to the airport?

Seeing what I can through my company's stupid firewall, it looks like the Blue line zips right past CLT without so much as a sniff.

Edited by VentureForth, 22 May 2017 - 03:12 PM.

14,223 Amtrak Miles. Many more to go.
Completed Routes: Capitol Limited, Palmetto
Also Ridden: Carolinian, Crescent, Pacific Surfliner, Piedmont, Southwest Chief, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Texas Eagle

#2 Eric S

Eric S

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

If/when the multimodal Gateway Station for Amtrak, Greyhound, and others is built, it will be served the the CityLYNX Gold Line (streetcar).

I believe the most recent thinking (from a few years ago) has a "West Corridor" serving the airport in the 2030s. The existing Blue Line misses the airport to the east by a few miles.

#3 VentureForth

VentureForth

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

What a shame a temporary station with an underpass isn't doable for the interim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

14,223 Amtrak Miles. Many more to go.
Completed Routes: Capitol Limited, Palmetto
Also Ridden: Carolinian, Crescent, Pacific Surfliner, Piedmont, Southwest Chief, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Texas Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users