• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Freak

Rail Freak

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,481 posts
  • Interests:Experiencing the country by RAIL!!!
    U.S. & Native American History

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

I'm an old fart & belong to Facebook but really don't understand why people like it so much!!! I read on AGR that you get exclusive offers thru Facebook? Any info appreciated!

A Rookie No More! But Still A Lot Of Track To Travel !!!
Silver Meteor #97(6) & #98 (4), Silver Star #91 (2), Capitol Limited #29 & #30(6), Empire Builder #7,#8,#27(2) &#28(4) Coast Starlight #11 (6) & #14(5), California Zephyr #5 (2) & #6 (5), Cascades #506, City of New Orleans #58, #59 (2), South West Chief #3 (4), Lake Shore Limited #49, Maple Leaf #63, San Joaquin #714, Pacific Surfliner #774, Texas Eagle #422 (2), Cardinal #50, Crescent #19, Sunset Limited #1. Approx. 60,169 miles & 41 states!

HAVE FUN

#2 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,857 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'm with you (on both counts :giggle: ). Except I was on FB, didn't understand it and deactivated my account. I figure any "offers" or "specials" will most likely show up here - maybe even before they are posted on FB!
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#3 abcnews

abcnews

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

I have not noticed any special offers on their Facebook page. However, if you like the Amtrak page you will see those occasional rail travel photos from Amtrak on your newsfeed. I recently shared one of their Facebook posts. It had a superb photo of the Southwest Chief, heading through the western terrain of the Southwest. So it works like another form of adversing, and when we share their posts, more people will see it.

Edited by abcnews, 22 May 2017 - 03:15 PM.

www.miketopham.com

blog: miketophamblog.com

#4 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

A few years ago you could get a hundred or two points for linking your Facebook with your AGR account which would allow you to log in to AGR using your Facebook account. I did it, got the points, and unlinked the two! For the several months or so, I so no advantage (to me) in doing so so broke the connection. Probably too much information sharing going on!

John...

22,913 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

6489 more miles booked

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users