Amfleet on Amtrak #5(20)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
I caught the westbound California Zephyr this evening at Agency, Iowa. The first car was the Amfleet café car AMTK 43394. I don't know where it is going.

Going all the way. Also you've got a 800000 headed your way from the other direction passing on Monday.

You didn't hear that Amtrak Cascades are going to rebrand as Amtrak Northwest Regionals? Eventually they're just going to slap a "west" sticker over the "east" print on the exterior of the Cafe cars and call it a day. Why they didn't use 7/27 and deadhead it that way I don't know.

Please don't anyone actually think I'm serious... I just have a high sense of sarcasm at times!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Thirdrail7 and KnightRail. Here's Amtrak #6(25) running through Agency, Iowa today with a friendly engineer. The first car is the Horizon dinette CDTX 53501 Golden Horizon.

Thank you, Agent for you excellent work documenting the movements of the California Zephyr.

The work on Golden Horizon is done (I'm going to guess at Beech Grove), and it is now heading west on Amtrak #5(24). I caught this California Zephyr at Agency, Iowa running about thirteen minutes late. There also happened to be a couple coaches with Winter Park Express wrap ads on the train.

Yesterday, I caught Amtrak #6(31) with the Horizon dinette CDTX 53510 Western Horizon. I take this to mean all three Amtrak California Horizons will eventually go through this cycle.

AMTK 43394 is heading back east as the first car on Amtrak #6(24). This California Zephyr was fifteen minutes late when it passed Agency, Iowa this morning.

Nice film location! (Especially for the end of October [emoji6][emoji316][emoji317])

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

The third Horizon dinette, CDTX 53509 Pacific Horizon, was the first car on Amtrak #6(30) as it passed Agency, Iowa today.

Back