Traxx Restaurant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've eaten there a few times and haven't been disappointed. It's certainly not a destination restaurant for me and it's not the cheapest option in the area, but if you want a nice meal inside Union Station (or the beautiful Union Station north patio) they're your best bet.

Reviews, hours, and reservation info is available on OpenTable and Yelp.

On a side note, it will be interesting to see how Traxx's business is impacted when the new restaurant opens in the old Harvey House space in the months to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traxx is upscale but has good food! ( ie pricey) I have seen celebs eating there.

The Traxx Bar used to be used as the Sleeper Waiting area for the Coast Starlight before the Metro Lounge opened!

I like it. Usually eat there before leaving LAX on the Sunset. Good food, and a nice place to have a beer or wine, while waiting rather than cram into the upstairs lounge, the green chili posole is good, usually though I get the muscles over couscous. Is it great? No, it's good though, and I like the atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have eaten there several times when by myself, and have enjoyed a table outside the dining room in the concourse right next to where parades of people in both directions march past on their way between the main entrance and the waiting room and trains. The people watching is even better than the food!

Back