Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

St. Louis and Missouri River Runner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

I just took a short four day, three night trip to St. Louis MO to ride the Missouri River Runner from St. Louis to Kansas City and return all in one day.  Flew Southwest Airlines Nashville to St. Louis and return.  Check out my blog post and photo gallery here:

St Louis and Missouri River Runner May 2017

There is also a link to all my photo galleries in the blog post.  Enjoy.  

Next big Amtrak trip is June 4-20 when I travel to New Orleans and Portland, OR, and ride five Amtrak trains -- Sunset Limited, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Empire Builder, and City of New Orleans.  Sign up on the blog webpage if you would like to receive the daily one or two IPhone photo blog posts. These short posts are not posted here or on Facebook.  

Edited by Tennessee Traveler, 15 May 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#2 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

Brought back memories of attending my first AU "Gathering" in St Louis. Meeting the gang. I believe we even had our gathering dinner at the same Old Spaghetti Factory, but I could be wrong.

Shame the train windows were dirty, even if the weather was dull.

Ed.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,300 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Nice trip and pics, thanks for sharing!😎

And as Eddie said, it brings back memories of the St Louis Gathering where we took a group trip to KCY on the River Runner. ( different schedule then so we were able to spend longer at the Magnificent Union Station.)

While most of the group had BBQ, Eddie,Penny and I ate lunch in the Harvey House Cafe located in Union Station.😊(Although it is not an original Harvey House, there used to be one located close to the Upscale Cafe now @ the end of the Station.)
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Great Photos. That old St Louis train shed at the hotel is something else! Thanks for posting

#5 Railroad Bill

Railroad Bill

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Historical and Genealogical research, Travel, Model Railroading. Lions Club & Anything Dealing With Trains

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

Also good memories of the St Louis Gathering.  We are heading back to KCY in June for a three day tour of the city, then a River Runner to St Louis to  visit a cousin and then back to Chicago and Cleveland.  Love your photos and trip report.

Amtrak Trains Ridden So Far:    85,179 miles and counting
Lake Shore Ltd, Capitol Ltd, Pennsylvanian, NE Corridors, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Hoosier, SW Chief, Surfliners, California Capitol Corridors, Coast Starlight, Cascades. Texas Eagle, San Joaquins, Missouri River Runner,Cardinal, Downeaster, Silver Meteor, Keystones, Auto Train, Adirondack, Lincoln Service, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Texas Eagle Detour Rt, 2013 Autumn Express Tour PHL, Silver Star, Sunset Limited -Acela Express-  2015 Autumn Express ALB - Empire Service Via Rail Corridor Trains Cobourg-Ottawa-Montreal,(round trip)  The Ocean (round trip)--   2,250 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users