SWC Superliner sleeper cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazzman

Train Attendant
At Flagstaff (8:51 pm) on the way to LAX I'll be switching from coach to a roomette. My car/room numbers are; Car 0331 - Room 002. Is there a diagram available that actually shows this car with the room numbers? Additionally, any experienced opinions on this particular roomette? I think it's on the upper level. On a previous trip I had the roomette on the lower level right next to the luggage storage shelves. I liked it - the toilettes and shower were close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these consist listing are still valid:
http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/32610-line-numbersconsist-listings/

Southwest Chief

5 sets

LAX pool

----|---- —— Heritage Baggage

0340|0440 —— Superliner Dorm/Sleeper

0331|0431 —— Superliner Sleeper

0330|0430 —— Superliner Sleeper

----|---- —— Superliner Diner

----|---- —— Superliner Lounge

0311|0411 —— Superliner Coach *

0312|0412 —— Superliner Coach

0313|0413 —— Superliner Coach (seasonal)

* One of the coaches is almost always a baggage coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that baggage coach on the SWC is rarely used for checked baggage, which is instead placed in the dedicated baggage car at the front of the train (although no longer a "heritage" baggage car). I have seen the baggage area at times used by coach passengers for lie-flat sleeping at night, until rousted out by a conductor.

The BSA council sent a contingent of 40 boys and 5 adult leaders. Each had a full backpack weighing over 40 pounds on an aluminum frame plus a small bag for train travel. 45 of these take a lot of space, so using the Baggage area in the Coach/Baggage car makes sense.

And that baggage coach on the SWC is rarely used for checked baggage, which is instead placed in the dedicated baggage car at the front of the train (although no longer a "heritage" baggage car). I have seen the baggage area at times used by coach passengers for lie-flat sleeping at night, until rousted out by a conductor.
Did the rousting occur early in the morning, or in the middle of the night?

Back