Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

Hi All

Quick question.

Has anyone received their AGR 2017 status cards? I made select plus for the first time. And have yet to receive any card for the lounges. I got the coupons though.

Is this something that I should head over to flyertalk for the AGR insider to solve? If he or she still exists.

Thanks in advance

Steve
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#2 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

I received my 2017 Select Executive card a couple of months ago.  I have no idea if an AGR insider still exists on Flyertalk.  I would phone AGR rather than rely on Flyertalk.

Amtrak miles: 215,971; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion (1973), Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Autumn Express 2015, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner; Lakeshore Limited (BOS-ALB), Autumn Express 2016, Palmetto.

VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian (westbound), Ocean; Alaska Railroad Denali Star: 356 miles

#3 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,614 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

I received my Select Plus Card for 2017 many moons ago.

#4 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

Thanks. I'll call AGR.

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#5 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Just got off the phone with AGR.. They said ti was mailed Feb 25th. :o The agent on the phone ordered me a replacement that will take 3-6 weeks to arrive :o Good news is that I can still access the lounges as the agent said that if I go to the lounge they can pull up my info on the computer that will show my Select + status. :) 

I'll add to the story too for kicks. I told my Mom that it'll be a while before I get the card in the mail. I said if I'm at 30th Street I'd like to use a clean bathroom. :lol: She told me "I don't wanna hear it". When I tried to tell her the mens rooms at 30th Street are nasty. Not to mention last time I went to use one of the public mens rooms APD was tending to a Herion OD. :( 

#6 Bex

Bex

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Hey, I can think of two movies that feature murders in the bathroom of 30th Street Station!  ;)

#7 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

Is "Murder at 30th Street Station" a prequel to "Miracle on 34th Street"?:huh: :giggle: (I bet it's not a Christmas movie!)
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#8 dlagrua

dlagrua

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • Interests:Car collecting, Train Travel, Model RR, Visiting Historical sights, Cooking, Antiques, but above all love for friends and family.

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

My 2017 select membership card arrived here in February..

Not too many additional benefits with select but we did get a few coupons and lounge guest passes. Occasionally I see a "select" offering in the shopping portal so I guess that it pays to work your way up in AGR membership. .

#9 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

I made Select - I don't know when...I logged on to AGR a couple of days ago and noticed that I was Select...don't know when and haven't received any notification.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#10 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

I made Select - I don't know when...I logged on to AGR a couple of days ago and noticed that I was Select...don't know when and haven't received any notification.

Update: Received my Select 2017 card on 5/12/17

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#11 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

Got my card in the mail today.

#12 NorthShore

NorthShore

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

Is "Murder at 30th Street Station" a prequel to "Miracle on 34th Street"?:huh: :giggle: (I bet it's not a Christmas movie!)

Thanksgiving. Family gatherings.... what can I say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users