25 replies to this topic

#21 anumberone

anumberone

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:05 AM

I had to laugh when I saw Paperback's post.

#22 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

Tip. Definitely definitely tip. Especialy if lots of cows are in a row.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#23 Dan O

Dan O

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:16 PM

A sincere thank you to those who replied with a useful response to my question regarding tipping.  What I find sad is how some of you long time members responded with rude and snide comments about how this topic has been beat to death. I hope I never get to be like you. So get off your high horse and cut us newbies some slack. PLEASE!    :angry:

I don't post all the much but have been here for the better part of 9 years. Not an insider. But I do enjoy the tipping threads. While there is some disagreement, it helps me to form my own opinions about tipping. 

I try to ignore the rude comments in threads like this and other threads that deal w/ children riding trains. I hope you stay as there is some good information here and most of the people are pretty nice and helpful. 

Dan

Amtrak miles 13487
Pre-Amtrak train miles 6678

#24 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Wait, we have a reputation for being rude toward children riding trains?  I must have missed that one.  Didn't most of us start riding trains as little kids ourselves?  So long as your children are familiar with the difference between indoor/outdoor voices and public/private behavior then I see no problem bringing them along.

What is the purpose of a rhetorical question?

#25 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

We have a problem with misbehaving children riding trains. We do not have a problem with children who act appropriately, as in silent.

We do have a problem referring to ourselves in the plaurel.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#26 seat38a

seat38a

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes, And Web App Development

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

A sincere thank you to those who replied with a useful response to my question regarding tipping.  What I find sad is how some of you long time members responded with rude and snide comments about how this topic has been beat to death. I hope I never get to be like you. So get off your high horse and cut us newbies some slack. PLEASE!    :angry:

MOST of us on here don't bite :) Many of the old timers gripe about beating a dead horse when others do it, but its ok and "positive discussion and personal opinion" when they do it. Just wait till the next new menu comes out and you will see that the majority don't practice what they preach. But welcome to the forum! I hope the few as they would say in Quebec, "pomme pourrie" don't scare you away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users