Can I donate, sell my e-voucher?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jannie

Train Attendant
I Received a voucher for refund of portion of ticket when I changed reservation. The deadline is Sept. to use. I'd like to sell/give it or donate to charity to sell. It appears like it's non-transferable is there a way to deal with it. Last yr. I'd accidentally made the wrong reservation and when I changedI ended up with the evoucher refund.

It'll be another year or 6 months before I'm able to use this vouher. Need to do something with it before Sept.

You can buy yourself a ticket then, if you need to, cancel it and you'll get a new voucher.

Or you can buy a ticket for someone using your voucher. A friend bought me a ticket with a voucher she had and was not going to use. I ended up having to cancel that ticket and got a new voucher that I was able to use later.

You can buy yourself a ticket then, if you need to, cancel it and you'll get a new voucher. Or you can buy a ticket for someone using your voucher. A friend bought me a ticket with a voucher she had and was not going to use. I ended up having to cancel that ticket and got a new voucher that I was able to use later.
My understanding is that some voucher > ticket > voucher outcomes are technically against the rules depending on the original cause and resulting restrictions imposed on the original voucher. I wish I could remember more of the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy yourself a ticket then, if you need to, cancel it and you'll get a new voucher. Or you can buy a ticket for someone using your voucher. A friend bought me a ticket with a voucher she had and was not going to use. I ended up having to cancel that ticket and got a new voucher that I was able to use later.
My understanding is that some voucher > ticket > voucher outcomes are technically against the rules depending on the original cause and resulting restrictions imposed on the original voucher. I wish I could remember more of the details.
I think you're right :eek: ;) . I believe those are the vouchers that are given as compensation for "things that went wrong on the trip".

The OP is talking about a voucher for a canceled trip.

Back