Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Sunrail takeover by counties fast tracked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar La Rock

Caesar La Rock

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

The latest numbers from the SunRail commission show roughly 3,500 trips a day on the train in February.

Despite the low ridership, Mayor Buddy Dyer said he's not concerned, even though the city, Orange, Seminole and Volusia counties are set to take over the operations in 2021.

But now there are talks to fast track that takeover, from an operations standpoint, by two years.

Source

Edited by pennyk, 08 April 2017 - 04:13 PM.
copyright issues

#2 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

This is the most recent thread I could find on SunRail, which is why I am posting this here. Trains are now testing from Sand Lake Road to Poinciana and stations are nearly complete. I rode by on Amtrak 91 yesterday morning, and the platforms look usable. We also passed a test train stopped at the Kissimmee station. Service is scheduled to begin mid-summer.
<p>Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS FTL-NYP

#3 crescent-zephyr

crescent-zephyr

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

a few weeks ago I rode the Star from West Palm (transferred from Brightline after getting off a cruise in Ft. Lauderdale...) to Kissimmee and saw all of the SunRail construction along the way and it looked like it was wrapping up. Always great to see progress being made and expansions in rail systems. 

Amtrak: - Coast Starlight*, Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquin*, Cascades*, Empire Builder*, California Zephyr*, Southwest Chief*, City of New Orleans*, River Cities, Illinois Zephyr*, Wolverine, Cardinal, Capitol Limited*, Lake Shore Limited, Downeaster, Acela Express*, Crescent*, Carolinian*, Silver Star*, Silver Meteor*, Maple Leaf* Texas Eagle.

VIA: - Canadian*

Iowa Pacific - Hoosier State*, and City of New Orleans Pullman*.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users