3 replies to this topic

#1 Agent

Agent

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

The westbound California Zephyr came through Agency, Iowa this evening with two dome cars on the end.  They were the Puget Sound and the Sierra Hotel.  Amtrak #5(07) was running on time.

#2 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

I really like how the zoomed out part of the clip shows the rippled, apparently not active, siding to the right of the main line tracks. 

1963U. S. Congress - underground trolley system • Disneyland train (1968/various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr Coast Starlight •  Southwest ChiefSunset LimitedTexas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr

. . . . . . . Amtrak miles - 16,383, so far.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,844 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

I really like how the zoomed out part of the clip shows the rippled, apparently not active, siding to the right of the main line tracks. 

Isn't that an optical illusion? The siding looks normal when the train gets close to the camera!
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,844 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

Yeo, wonder why the rails haven't been sold for scrap??
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users