AGR card application finally accepted!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronbo

Lead Service Attendant
I have applied for the World MasterCard five times since September of 2015, finally was accepted.

For some reason my credit score was raised, don't really know why, but not complaining!

I am wondering if points can be earned by using the card for such expenses as rent, utilities, etc., or only for more normal retail types of purchases like groceries, travel, restaurants etc.?

Anything you can use a MasterCard to pay for will earn points. I do not pay my rent or electric with it because of the fee charged for using a credit card by my landlord and by the utility company. :(

Anything you can use a MasterCard to pay for will earn points. I do not pay my rent or electric with it because of the fee charged for using a credit card by my landlord and by the utility company. :(
I think that would be true in my case also, but I am thinking that it still might be worth trying. I will have to do the math to see if I would come out ahead. If nothing else, I have a $320.00 storage unit charge that I pay with a different card that I can switch without any fee involved. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Yep, I did that - put my storage unit on the AGR card when I had it (the storage unit). I also pay my car insurance, cable, cellphone, etc with my card. I like doing this for two reasons. 1) to get the points, 2) I don't have to worry about having the money available right when the bills are due. I pay my AGR card off every two weeks.

That's what my strategy will be also, use the card for as many expenses as possible! Now we just need to hope that the trains keep on rolling! So we can use the accumulated points!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back