April 2017 Spring Amtrak Adventure on Crescent, Capitol LTD, and Calif

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor
It's time for my next Amtrak Adventure. Yep, just seven days or one week before I fly Southwest Airlines April 8 Nashville to New Orleans, Louisiana, to begin my next Amtrak adventure. From April 10 to 21 I will ride six different named trains and cross the USA coast to coast westward and then travel back coast to coast eastward. The destination cities to which I will travel starting from New Orleans are Emeryville, CA; Fresno, CA; Chicago, IL; Bloomington/Normal, IL; Washington, DC; and Philadelphia, PA. I will be riding these Amtrak trains - Crescent, Capitol Limited, California Zephyr, California Corridor San Joaquin, Lincoln Service, and Acela Express. And I'll stay overnight in hotels in New Orleans, Emeryville, Chicago, and Washington, DC. By the way, the first three legs on Crescent, Capitol Limited and California Zephyr is award travel. The rest is paid Amtrak travel earning double points during Double Days on Amtrak March 20 to June 20.

You can check out my itinerary on my Reagan's Travel Blog. If you would like to receive the daily short posts sign up on the web page where it says, "Follow by Email". That sign on option may not appear on mobil devices. You will need to view the blog post as a "web page".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey fellow "Amtrakers". I have had a great trip so far and have been posting daily updates on my blog. Here is the link to tonight's update post. If you like you can back up to read the older posts. The update for April 18.! Click on the date to go to my website.

Just four more days for my trip. Tomorrow I am riding Illinois Lincoln Service trains to Normal, IL, and return to Chicago. Tomorrow night I board the Capitol LImited to ride to DC for two night in Hilton Garden Inn and ride on Acela Express trains to Philadelphia and back Friday. Saturday, I fly Southwest Airlines to home in Nashville TN.

I am back home in rainy Tennessee. Amazingly I encountered no or very light rain throughout my 15 day trip. I've posted my latest daily blog post and you can read them all from latest to earliest here: Reagan's Travel Blog. The photos in the daily blog update are IPhone photos.

I took almost 1,000 digital photos which I began optimizing, organizing and uploading to my on line photo galleries today. I will do a final blog update and also a post here when the photo galleries are completely uploaded and ready for you to view.

My photo galleries have been updated(over 900 photos in eleven galleries) and viewable on line here: Amtrak Adventure April 2017

Also I posted a wrap up and photo galleries updated blog post if you would like to read it and all the daily posts with IPhone photos not included in the photo galleries: Travel Blog Post

Next Amtrak Adventure is a short visit to Missouri to ride the Missouri River Runner between St. Louis and Kansas City May 11.

Back