Lake Shore Limited Chicago to Boston

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mediaman

Train Attendant
Traveling on the Lake Shore Limited tomorrow from Chicago to Boston in a sleeper. What time to they typically board the sleepers from the Metropolitan Lounge? Does anyone know the typical consist of the train CHI-BOS? I was told by Amtrak today that I will not have a sleeper beyond Albany due to equipment problems. Does this train have business class to Boston?

Traveling on the Lake Shore Limited tomorrow from Chicago to Boston in a sleeper. What time to they typically board the sleepers from the Metropolitan Lounge? Does anyone know the typical consist of the train CHI-BOS? I was told by Amtrak today that I will not have a sleeper beyond Albany due to equipment problems. Does this train have business class to Boston?
Strange, I still see the sleeper being listed as part of the train's consist, but...It's kinda early for me to be able to tell for sure. The train does have business class however, and that part of the train does go to Boston, so if the sleeper is pulled, at minimum you should be downgraded to business.

The train is a big one. 2 engines, a baggage car, sleeper, cafe car with business class, 1 coach. Those are the cars that you should have with you all the way to Boston. From Chicago to Albany you should also have 3 additional coaches, a diner, 2 sleepers, and another baggage car. Those cars listed from the 3 additional cars and further down the list get separated in Albany, and that part continues down to NYC.

I just called and now we are in business class from Albany to Boston, so thanks for that information Triley.

Anyone have information on boarding times for LSL sleepers?

Could this be fallout from the derailment in Chicago? Nothing to turn if the sleeper doesn't show in Boston. There aren't any other trains with sleepers that go to Boston, there would be nothing to borrow one from.

Back