2 replies to this topic

#1 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,201 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

A friend was asking about the Perryville station. She wants to know if it's in a safe area (would you feel ok if your mom, wife, or daughter used it knowing she'd be detraining after dark?).

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#2 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Yes. Perryville is a quiet town. If it were West Baltimore then I'd say differently. Of course Perryville gets visited by many rail fans with the Bridge over the river being the main draw.
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#3 fairviewroad

fairviewroad

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

I think it depends on what "detraining after dark" means. If it means walking to her car in the parking lot, then no problem at all. There will be plenty of other people getting off the train and as long as the car is parked reasonably close, then she should be fine.

If "detraining after dark" involves waiting around for a ride, I'd be wary, especially on the final MARC arrival of the night, which happens after the station closes. Yes, it's a small town, but that means not a lot of activity nearby once other passengers have left. It's been a couple of years since I've used that station, but I don't recall any businesses open nearby that would be a safe place to wait. Most of the commercial activity in the area is several blocks away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users