AGR Points For Hotels?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nshvlcat

Service Attendant
On an upcoming vacation, I will pay for 2 different hotels (Metro Plaza in L.A. and Hotel Modern in NOLA) with my new AGR Plat. Mastercard. Will I receive any points for using the AGR credit card if the hotels are not on the AGR preferred list?

I am brand new to AGR and have yet to use this program. Thank you for any response.

The "free" card gives 1 point per $ for all purchases and 2 points per $ for any Amtrak purchases (including onboard purchase from the cafe, DC and PPC). The "pay" card gives 1/$ for all purchases, 2/$ for travel purchases (like hotels) and 3/$ for Amtrak (& onboard) purchases.

What about hotel points with the black m/c card ? Just what are travel related points ?
Travel related points include, "airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, motels, inns, and resorts, steamship/cruise lines, commuter rail and travel agencies."

What about hotel points with the black m/c card ? Just what are travel related points ?
Travel related points include, "airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, motels, inns, and resorts, steamship/cruise lines, commuter rail and travel agencies."
Commuter rail is NOT included...at least BofA does not grant extra points for my Metrolink monthly pass!

Commuter rail is NOT included...at least BofA does not grant extra points for my Metrolink monthly pass!
My quote was copied directly from the Bank of America terms and conditions. I was surprised, and it may be wrong, but that is what it says.

1 Point: Earn 1 point (base point) for every $1 of Purchases charged to the card each billing cycle. 2 Points: Earn 2 points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 1 base point) for every $1 of Purchases charged at eligible Non-Amtrak travel merchants, which include: airlines, car rental agencies, hotels, motels, inns, and resorts, steamship/cruise lines, commuter rail and travel agencies. 3 Points: Earn 3 points (consisting of 2 bonus points and 1 base point) for every $1 of eligible Amtrak travel and onboard Purchases charged to the card where Amtrak is the merchant of record. Bonus Point Processing: Merchants are assigned a merchant category code (MCC) based upon the merchant's primary line of business. We do not determine which MCC a merchant chooses to classify itself. We group similar MCCs into purchase categories to offer bonus rewards to you. Purchases processed through merchants that do not process transactions under the eligible MCC and purchases processed through third-party payment accounts, mobile/wireless card reader, digital wallet or similar technology where the technology does not support transmission of MCCs will not qualify to receive bonus rewards. Instead, those ineligible MCC-based Purchases will earn 1 point per $1 spent.
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go

Scroll down to "Features."

Back