Amtrak #20 Victim of a Freight Train vs Tree collision

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak #20 the Crescent after getting an hour late start out of Atlanta is currently (and for the last two hours) sitting about 5 minutes north of the Atlanta Amtrak station; the victim of a storm driven tree strike on a southbound NS freight. It seems that a quick moving storm thru the Atlanta area took down a tree which was struck by the southbound freight. This collision took out the front windows taking the freight out of service and still blocking the two track main. So here we sit, the main blocked and I'm sure traffic building up behind both trains in both directions, the only thing moving out her is the MARTA line running next to he NS main Line. Well, going to be along night on the NS Atlanta to Washington main tonight!

Ctim2

Amtrak #20 the Crescent after getting an hour late start out of Atlanta is currently (and for the last two hours) sitting about 5 minutes north of the Atlanta Amtrak station; the victim of a storm driven tree strike on a southbound NS freight. It seems that a quick moving storm thru the Atlanta area took down a tree which was struck by the southbound freight. This collision took out the front windows taking the freight out of service and still blocking the two track main. So here we sit, the main blocked and I'm sure traffic building up behind both trains in both directions, the only thing moving out her is the MARTA line running next to he NS main Line. Well, going to be along night on the NS Atlanta to Washington main tonight!

Ctim2
I hope the engineer is okay.

Back