• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Browsing the amtrak.com website, (I need to get out more!) I came across this advisory today:

Connections with Eastbound Train 2/422

Due to the earlier operation of Train 2/422, northbound Coast Starlight Train 11 will not arrive in Los Angeles early enough for passengers to connect to Train 2/422. Train 11 customers who are connecting to Train 2/422 should detrain in Sacramento. At Sacramento, bus service will be provided to Los Angeles, where customers can board the train.

Seems the southbound coast starlight is number 11, which makes sense...

I just wonder why such silly mistakes are left on their advice webpages... It's like no one who works behind the scenes at amtrak has much idea of the trains they run... ?

Ed.

#2 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Don't recall the details but, the Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle has been departing LA at 8 PM instead of 10 PM to accommodate track work by UP. The Coast Starlight #11 is scheduled to arrive at 9 PM thus missing the connection. The buses from Sacramento will get to LA in time to accommodate this change.

This is temporary March 1 through April 5...

https://www.amtrak.c...d=1251648132673

John...

22,913 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

6489 more miles booked

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#3 Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

This advisory is for the time that the Sunset Limited is departing Los Angeles at 8 PM instead of 10 PM to accommodate Union Pacific track maintenance.  When Sunset Limited departure returns to 10 PM, the advisory will be updated or removed. 

#4 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,801 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

Seems like something may have been lost in translation.

Browsing the amtrak.com website, (I need to get out more!) I came across this advisory today:

Due to the earlier operation of Train 2/422, northbound Coast Starlight Train 11 will not arrive in Los Angeles early enough for passengers to connect to Train 2/422. Train 11 customers who are connecting to Train 2/422 should detrain in Sacramento. At Sacramento, bus service will be provided to Los Angeles, where customers can board the train.

I just wonder why such silly mistakes are left on their advice webpages... It's like no one who works behind the scenes at amtrak has much idea of the trains they run... ?

Ed.

I highlighted what I believe is the crux of the post.

If I had a tumor I'd name it Marla.

#5 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Seems like something may have been lost in translation.

Ed.

I highlighted what I believe is the crux of the post.

Yep, I see it now...red highlighting helps!!! Thanks

John...

22,913 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

6489 more miles booked

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#6 BCL

BCL

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Yeah. Should be southbound #11.

Edited by BCL, 20 March 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#7 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

It seems it is not just amtrak employees.. :D

Thank you Mr. D....  (There must be a joke here about the devil being in the detail... ) ;)

Ed.

Edited by caravanman, 20 March 2017 - 05:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users