Best Viewliner Roomette on the Lake Shore Limited

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_kenbyrddogg_*

Guest_kenbyrddogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

I was assigned Room # 2 on the Lake Shore Limited train from Chicago to NYC. Bad room? Should I "modify?"

#2 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

I've had #2 on the LSL many times. That's what you get for booking early, LOL. It's a fine room. I don't think there are any "bad" rooms except those too near the coffee and shower (some prefer that convenience, I prefer the quiet further away from traffic). Enjoy your trip!

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#3 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,719 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

All roomettes on Viewliners are good. #1-6 are near the center of the car.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

#4 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:08 AM

All the rooms on the View liner are good.  being in #2 you are near the center of the car.

Trains Traveled On:
Texas Eagle                                      Sunset Limited                            California Zephyr                                Southwest Chief                Empire Builder            Capitol Limited           Lake Shore limited (NYP & BOS)      Crescent
Kentucky Cardinal                             Cardinal                                       Pere Marquette                                  Wolverines                        Lincoln Service            Empire Service          Keystone Service                               Acelas
NE Regionals                                    Pioneer                                        Desert Wind                                       Broadway Limited             Three Rivers                Southwest Chief        Coast Starlight                                    Empire Service

Amtrak Miles Logged: over 197,000

#5 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,801 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

I was assigned Room # 2 on the Lake Shore Limited train from Chicago to NYC. Bad room? Should I "modify?"

That's the worst room in the entire car. You better "modify" it right away. I suggest you start by bringing a plant and some pictures and your favorite mug. You know, spruce it up a bit.

If I had a tumor I'd name it Marla.

#6 Railroad Bill

Railroad Bill

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Historical and Genealogical research, Travel, Model Railroading. Lions Club & Anything Dealing With Trains

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:43 AM

You should call Amtrak and ask if there are other rooms available, perhaps #4-7.  I have asked for changes in the past and if they were available most agents will be very accommodating.  #2 is not the worst room in my opinion since I always prefer the upper deck and do not like rooms on the lower floor. But each person here has there own preference.

Amtrak Trains Ridden So Far:
Lake Shore Ltd, Capitol Ltd, Pennsylvanian, NE Corridors, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Empire Builder, California Zephyr, Hoosier, SW Chief, Surfliners, California Capitol Corridors, Coast Starlight, Cascades. Texas Eagle, San Joaquins, Missouri River Runner,Cardinal, Downeaster, Silver Meteor, Keystones, Auto Train, Adirondack, Lincoln Service, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Texas Eagle Detour Rt, 2013 Autumn Express Tour PHL, Silver Star, Sunset Limited -Acela Express-  2015 Autumn Express ALB  - Empire Service      80,129 Amtrak miles & counting     
Via Rail Corridor Trains Cobourg-Ottawa-Montreal,(round trip)  The Ocean (round trip)--   2,250 miles

#7 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,719 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

The Lake Shore Limited is a single level train. Thus, all rooms are on the lower level.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

#8 PRR 60

PRR 60

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,540 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

That's the worst room in the entire car. You better "modify" it right away. I suggest you start by bringing a plant and some pictures and your favorite mug. You know, spruce it up a bit.

Just in case you didn't get it, Mr. Advocate is being humorous. Room 2 is fine - although some artwork or maybe a throw rug would not hurt.  ;)

#9 Guest_kenbyrddogg_*

Guest_kenbyrddogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

Just in case you didn't get it, Mr. Advocate is being humorous. Room 2 is fine - although some artwork or maybe a throw rug would not hurt.  ;)

Yeah, I kinda got he was kidding.

#10 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,801 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

That's the worst room in the entire car. You should "modify" it right away. I suggest you start by bringing a plant and some pictures and your favorite mug. You know, spruce it up a bit.

Cube garden humor.   :ph34r:  :hi:

If I had a tumor I'd name it Marla.

#11 ehbowen

ehbowen

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:40 AM

That's the worst room in the entire car. You should "modify" it right away. I suggest you start by bringing a plant and some pictures and your favorite mug. You know, spruce it up a bit.

Cube garden humor.   :ph34r:  :hi:

You should see how our Mr. Meat Puppet decorates his room....

Posted Image 16 inch Armor Piercing...When you care enough to send the very, VERY best!
Visit Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables from the Streamliner era.

#12 kdeschner

kdeschner

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

I was in room 2 this last week on trains 48&49 and I had no issues at all.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users