Superliner Bedroom A question

29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Ken Byrddogg_*

Guest_Ken Byrddogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for your description. I'd like to see a photo of the room but I can't find any online.

This is NOT bedroom A, but another one (either C or E). Everything about A is the same other than the location of the door to the bathroom, and the space between the seat and the wall. Image the bathroom extending to where the mirror is. That's the space that you lose.

attachicon.gifiu.jpeg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-03-20 at 9.42.29 AM.png

I can't see these images. I'm not a member apparently.

#22 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,859 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

It's not you. I can't see them either!

They must have been linked incorrectly.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#23 fixj

fixj

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Trains

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

Here is a shot of Bedroom A from the hallway.

IMG_0488_zpsocu32k1r.jpg

Edited by fixj, 28 March 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#24 Guest_kenbyrddogg_*

Guest_kenbyrddogg_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

Thanks!!!

#25 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

For one person, the room works, but as the picture shows is a bit cramped moving around with a second person, especially at night.

Trains Traveled On:
Texas Eagle                                      Sunset Limited                            California Zephyr                                Southwest Chief                Empire Builder            Capitol Limited           Lake Shore limited (NYP & BOS)      Crescent
Kentucky Cardinal                             Cardinal                                       Pere Marquette                                  Wolverines                        Lincoln Service            Empire Service          Keystone Service                               Acelas
NE Regionals                                    Pioneer                                        Desert Wind                                       Broadway Limited             Three Rivers                Southwest Chief        Coast Starlight                                    Empire Service

Amtrak Miles Logged: over 206,000

#26 Dakota 400

Dakota 400

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

Because of the location of the door to the bathroom in Bedroom A, it is not as suitable of a room for two as the other Bedrooms are.  But, one can make it work!  One advantage is if the Sleeper is the last car on the train, one is just right around the corner to the window in the outside door.  A great viewing spot!

#27 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,859 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

I had that on #27!:) And there were 2 people in Room A - no fun.:(
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#28 seat38a

seat38a

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes, And Web App Development

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:34 PM

Just an FYI, the position of the bathroom door from what I can tell will make it difficult for person of size to enter and exit the bathroom. I visited Bedroom A when I was on the Sunset Limited and the amount of space between the door and the wall of the bedroom looked tight.

#29 Dakota 400

Dakota 400

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Just an FYI, the position of the bathroom door from what I can tell will make it difficult for person of size to enter and exit the bathroom. I visited Bedroom A when I was on the Sunset Limited and the amount of space between the door and the wall of the bedroom looked tight.

Another disadvantage to the position of the door to the bathroom is that someone walking the corridor outside of the Bedroom when someone is entering/exiting the bathroom and the door/curtain to the Bedroom is open, one is in full view of the person(s) in the corridor.  

#30 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,331 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

It's not you. I can't see them either!

They must have been linked incorrectly.

Attached pictures don't show up again when the post containing them is quoted.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users