3 replies to this topic

#1 Bex

Bex

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

I will be in Bordeaux, France this summer and would like to visit cities outside France via rail (Spain seems an obvious choice but I'm open). Any experiences you can share or advice on websites I might visit for research would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

Feel free to ask me any question. I'm not sure where your going at specifically. So if you want me I'll check back

View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net

Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)

Steam Engines I've worked behind

Norfolk & Western No. 611

Nickel Plate Road No. 765

Southern Pacific No. 4449

#3 ScouseAndy

ScouseAndy

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Seat62.com it's my go to website for advice

For ticket purchases Loco2.com no mark up and you can pay in sterling or euros (but not $) don't use the SNCF site if you are outside the EU as it will default to a 'local' page and charge you a markup compared to standard pricing

#4 Bex

Bex

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

Feel free to ask me any question. I'm not sure where your going at specifically. So if you want me I'll check back

No idea! :) I'm looking for suggestions that involve a scenic or memorable train ride. Thanks.

Seat62.com it's my go to website for advice

For ticket purchases Loco2.com no mark up and you can pay in sterling or euros (but not $) don't use the SNCF site if you are outside the EU as it will default to a 'local' page and charge you a markup compared to standard pricing

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users