Advice on European rail?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex

Service Attendant
I will be in Bordeaux, France this summer and would like to visit cities outside France via rail (Spain seems an obvious choice but I'm open). Any experiences you can share or advice on websites I might visit for research would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Seat62.com it's my go to website for advice

For ticket purchases Loco2.com no mark up and you can pay in sterling or euros (but not $) don't use the SNCF site if you are outside the EU as it will default to a 'local' page and charge you a markup compared to standard pricing

Feel free to ask me any question. I'm not sure where your going at specifically. So if you want me I'll check back
No idea! :) I'm looking for suggestions that involve a scenic or memorable train ride. Thanks.

Seat62.com it's my go to website for advice

For ticket purchases Loco2.com no mark up and you can pay in sterling or euros (but not $) don't use the SNCF site if you are outside the EU as it will default to a 'local' page and charge you a markup compared to standard pricing
Thanks!

Back