#41 RSG

RSG

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Travel, rail travel, libraries, current events

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:04 AM

I wonder if it has to do with hand preference. I tend to veer left, while I've been with friends who veer right. We end up separated for a second.

That's what I originally thought; since I'm right-handed it made sense to me (and I also couldn't rely on myself as a test subject).

#42 hessjm

hessjm

Conductor

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

I guess after a few of us following the instructions given to us in the Metropolitan lounge to proceed to track XX told the intervening gate dragons to go pound sand they are only giving gate letters for boarding now. The gate dragons did not care the we all had our tickets marked with asterisks and wanted us to wait in the holding pen. The conductors were very confused why there weren't any pax coming out after they called for boarding that day.
Routes Traveled: Pere Marquette, City of New Orleans, California Zephyr, Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, Southwest Chief, Capital Limited, Lake Shore Limited, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Hiawatha, Texas Eagle (CHI-LAX), Downeaster, Acela(WAS-NYP), San Joaquin (BFD-MTZ) MO. River Runner.

#43 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,887 posts
  • Interests:Travel by Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

I guess after a few of us following the instructions given to us in the Metropolitan lounge to proceed to track XX told the intervening gate dragons to go pound sand they are only giving gate letters for boarding now. The gate dragons did not care the we all had our tickets marked with asterisks and wanted us to wait in the holding pen. The conductors were very confused why there weren't any pax coming out after they called for boarding that day.

Amtrak + Chicago is a match made in heaven hell.

If I had a tumor I'd name it Marla.

#44 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,741 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Yep, hopefully Wick's New Management in the Windy City will do their job and get this long time Cluster Flub (its not just Union Station employees, the Yards are really notorious!!)up and running on the right tracks!(Pun intended!)🤔😉
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users