I am taking my first Amtrak trip from Albany OR to Memphis TN on the following trains:
11 Coast Starlight, boarding at 4:10 pm in Albany OR (Wed) and getting off in Sacramento at 6:15 am the next morning. I'll be connecting to...
6 California Zephyr, boarding at 11:09 am (Thur), getting off in Chicago at 2:50 pm (Sat). then connecting to...
59 City of New Orleans, boarding at 8:05 pm (Sat), getting off in Memphis TN early the next morning at 6:27 am (Sun)
I've booked a Roomette for all my legs of the trip and realize that I get meals with this option. I've done a lot of reading / research on the Amtrak site. I'm the kind of person that loves to be prepared for the trip and asks all the questions in advance. I have a couple of questions.
1) Do I have a breakfast option the morning I get off the Coast Starlight at 6:15 am in Sacramento? Can I get something to go from the dining car, or maybe the Cafe car? I didn't see the hours of operation for the Cafe car?
2) I thought I saw that there was a wine tasting on the Coast Starlight in a YouTube video. Are the wine tastings at set times? I get on the train at 4:10, will I still be able to enjoy the tasting?
3) What times are the movies shown on the Coast Starlight?
4) For the 6 California Zephyr train, I'm assuming since I get on the train at 11:09 am, that I get lunch the day I board? Is that a bad assumption?
5) On my final train, the 59 City of New Orleans leaving out of Chicago at 8:05 pm, will the sleeper passengers be getting a meal that night? I wasn't sure how the meals worked on that train, did I read correctly that it will be an abbreviated dinner time after we board?
6) I get off the 6 City of New Orleans in Memphis TN the next morning at 6:27 am, just before the actual breakfast service starts. Same question as my first question, do I get a breakfast option getting off the train that early?
Thanks for everyone's help! I'm really looking forward to my train ride!