• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bmjhagen9426

bmjhagen9426

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:Computers, riding trains/travel, watching movies/sporting events, listening to music/speeches/talk radio, reading

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

I have a Greyhound round trip ticket that I purchased at the Indianapolis Amtrak/Greyhound station, but my travel plans changed which meant that I need to cancel my ticket. I contacted Greyhound Customer Service but to no avail. I would not want to lose the value of the ticket, which is like 50 bucks (My tickets are refundable). What should I do, if I want to get a refund on my Greyhound ticket? Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Just a 23 year old college student who likes to travel by train.
Trains taken (US): Coast Starlight, San Joaquins, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Hoosier State, SP4449 excursion 2015
Commuter/Transit Rail (US): Metra, TriMet, SoundTransit, Muni, LA MetroRail
Trains/Transit taken (Outside US and Canada): KNR, SMSC, SMRT, IRTC, DJET, DX LINE, EVERLINE, HUMETRO, METRO9
Ambus trips: BFD-LAX, EMY-SFC
Current Amtrak mileage: 17251 miles plus 130 Ambus miles

#2 Train2104

Train2104

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

If they are actually refundable tickets, you should be able to get a full refund with no fee. This transaction needs to be done in person at a ticket window. I was able to do this after the date of travel but YMMV. If you do it before the date of travel they definitely should be able to do it.

Note: I'm not sure if it's possible at non-Greyhound ticket windows, even if they sell Greyhound tickets, so you may want to call ahead if your closest staffed station is not a major city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users