11 replies to this topic

#1 kt1i

kt1i

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

I'm wondering what the historic dates have been for the Spring Double Points?

#2 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

From a discussion LAST year...

"2016 Double Days are 3/21 to 5/21. Registration starts 3/8. Or so the web site says. "

http://discuss.amtra...rmer-rip/page-2

John...

22,913 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#3 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Yep.
Mid-March to mid-May.

U. S. Congress - underground trolley system (1963) • Disneyland train (1968 and various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr - Coast Starlight 

. . . . . . .Total Amtrak miles - 11,390

• 4993 miles booked May '17 - Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Illinois Zephyr.

#4 kt1i

kt1i

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

Great, our long trip will earn double points!

#5 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Registration starts today......promotion 3/20-5/20.

Over 40,000 miles traveled on Amtrak since December, 2007.  Next trip: June 7-14 HOM-PDX-SEA-HOM

Amtrak trains traveled on as of March, 2017:  Pere Marquette, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Wolverine, Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Cardinal, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Lake Shore Limited and Heartland Flyer.

#6 nshvlcat

nshvlcat

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Gardening

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

I am taking my very first Amtrak trip between May 16 - May 25.  The ticket was paid by a B of A credit card.  I registered for Double Points (after payment) but am wondering if I will receive them since I paid with a non-Amtrak credit card before Double Points became active, and my trip falls outside the ending date of the Double Points.  This is a whole new ballgame for me.  Any reply is appreciated.  Thank you.

If you have integrity, nothing else matters.  If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

#7 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

I am taking my very first Amtrak trip between May 16 - May 25.  The ticket was paid by a B of A credit card.  I registered for Double Points (after payment) but am wondering if I will receive them since I paid with a non-Amtrak credit card before Double Points became active, and my trip falls outside the ending date of the Double Points.  This is a whole new ballgame for me.  Any reply is appreciated.  Thank you.

Any travel you do before the day after the end date will qualify.  Doesn't matter when you bought the tickets or how you paid for them.

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#8 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Plus, if you register after the trip you may still get the points.  I just recently registered for a  promo that netted me points for a trip I already took.

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#9 Ronbo

Ronbo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

I also have registered for the Double Points promo. I received an email for my March statement from AGR on 3/17/17. In it there's a link to a promotion for up to 6X the points from partners in their shopping portal. Clicking on it, I am sent to an AGR page showing the Double Days offer for travel on Amtrak, and also a "sneak peek" look at the participating partners, which apparently was supposed to start on 3/20/17. When I go to the shopping site, I can't find any of them listed! Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Attached Files

Edited by Ronbo, 21 March 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#10 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,406 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

From the main AGR page, if you click the "EARN" tab (on the top of the page) and then click on "Retail & Specialty Partners" (on the left column), you will find them. You need to link from this page.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

#11 Ronbo

Ronbo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

From the main AGR page, if you click the "EARN" tab (on the top of the page) and then click on "Retail & Specialty Partners" (on the left column), you will find them. You need to link from this page.

Thanks for that information, I see it clearly now! But I still wonder why these partners don't show up on the shopping site. Oh well, thanks again.

#12 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,406 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

Some partners are not in the Points For Shopping program. Many airline frequent flyer programs do the same thing.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users