Amtrak services and timing of federal budget

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MEP

Greetings from England. I'm contemplating a trip to the USA, travelling mostly by train once I'm there. Reading this thread, I get the impression that there may be no need to panic about the future of Amtrak, but nothing is certain; if there's any risk of cuts it seems that it might be wise not to leave it too late before I visit. As I understand it, the new federal government budget starts in October. Does this mean that I can safely assume that whatever budget the politicians in Washington come up with for 2017-2018, Amtrak services in September this year will be much the same as they are now?

The Continuing Resolution kept everything the same, no changes. Based on the promises to improve and expand the US infrastructure, this would include the railroads. I do not see any issues threatening Amtrak. In discussing passenger rail, Amtrak, with a couple US Representatives, they agreed with me that the US needs a passenger rail system for the possibility that another 9/11 type catastrophe could again take out the air travel for days, national security. Of course not everyone feels this way, but they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back