Luggage storage

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

First time travelling by Amtrak. I will be going from Baltimore to NYC on the Northeast Regional. I know that Baltimore station has luggage storage available for passengers, I was wondering if any knows whether it is possible to leave the luggage the day before departure, and, if not, when is it possible? As soon as it opens, 24 hours before? What is the rule? 

Thank you for your help!

#2 Maglev

Maglev

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Trains, environmental science, planetary volcanism.

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

From Amtrak's website, it appears that you may store your luggage for 24 hours:

Temporary Bag Storage

Customers holding tickets for travel may store their items in Parcel Check service when available for $5.00 per 24 hours.

At New York Penn Station, Washington Union Station and Philadelphia 30th Street Station, the fee is $10.00 per 24 hours.

Edited by Maglev, 22 February 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Northeast corridor Heritage, Amfleet and Acela, CN Super Continental, Broadway Limited, Lone Star, Sunset Limited, Coast Starlight, San Joaquin, Southwest Limited, National Limited, Champion, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Wolverine, Crescent, Empire Builder, Cascades, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Meteor, Cardinal. 

#3 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, but the language is not clear whether up to 24h or 5 dollars for each 24h. But I think I might just send them an email and ask.

#4 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,411 posts
  • Interests:Planning my next trip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

If you don't need your luggage immediately, although it's not advertised as such, it's possible to check your luggage from Baltimore to NYC! It will be carried on 1 of the trains that have checked baggage service. (No Acela and except for the overnight Regional no Regionals do. Thus, it will not be on your train.)

You can check your bags in 24 hours in advance of THAT train's departure. That way you avoid the storage fee!

Edited by the_traveler, 22 February 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

#5 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:30 AM

If you don't need your luggage immediately, although it's not advertised as such, it's possible to check your luggage from Baltimore to NYC! It will be carried on 1 of the trains that have checked baggage service. (No Acela and except for the overnight Regional no Regionals do. Thus, it will not be on your train.)

You can check your bags in 24 hours in advance of THAT train's departure. That way you avoid the storage fee!

This is great, exactly what I need. Thank you so much!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users