Lounge Passes bummer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryK

Lead Service Attendant
Last week I was upgraded to Guest Rewards Select, and given two passes to the first/business class lounges.

So I went to Chicago Union Station to meet a friend incoming on Amtrak, and had an hour to burn before her arrival.

Upon proffering my passes, I was told they were no good unless I had a ticket or a reservation number (need not be same day, the small print said). This is not something the Guest Rewards Select welcome packet said.

Bah humbug horse hockey. As always, Amtrak effs up customer communications.

Sounds like inept Chicago to me, unless things have actually changed since my last attempt to enter the Metro Lounge purely on a coupon (disclaimer - yes, I did Metro Lounge in December, for those that follow my adventures off this site, but I also ultimately came into Chicago on 58 that day).

I have used such passes in the lounge at PHL on days I wasn't traveling and never, ever had a problem--they just took the pass and didn't even check the expiration date--so it sounds like a Chicago problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the old Met Lounge had a "ticketed passengers only" sign at the door. Perhaps the same "rule" is in place in the new lounge?

The Club Acela Lounges seem to be open to anyone with status or a pass, whether traveling or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back