Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Spring 2017 Advocacy Summit & Meeting - Washington, DC 4/23-26/17

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

NARP SPRING 2017 ADVOCACY SUMMIT; DAY ON THE HILL & MEETING - WASHINGTON, DC

SUNDAY, APRIL 23, 2017 THROUGH WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26, 2017

Edited by CHamilton, 20 February 2017 - 06:40 PM.

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#2 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

At the DC meeting, I was honored to have been elected to the Board of Directors of the National Association of Railroad Passengers. So when I ask you to help with the important work of this organization, you'll know it's official 1f642.png
https://www.narprail...-a-member/join/

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#3 WoodyinNYC

WoodyinNYC

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

Congratulations, Chas. I'm sure you will be a fine representative.

And, now the NARP Board will be able to access the combined wisdom of the Amtrak Unlimited members who post here. ;)

Also, thanks for helping Matt Fels with the ridership numbers. I know that's a massive task, and some of us do use those numbers several times a week.

#4 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

Thanks, Woody!

#5 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,278 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:39 PM

Congrats Charlie, they elected the right person for sure!😎

Now if we can get jis elected too, y'all can double team the Old guard and get the train rolling on the right track so to speak!😉
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#6 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,173 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for your confidence. :) Jis still has to do penance for a while in the Council ;)

BTW, Charlie got the most votes among the four candidates from whom three were to be selected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users