Photo

Why I'm breaking up with the Blue Line after 19 years.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

When the mission is neglected...

"But lately, well, you’ve changed. Almost every day now you make me and my fellow riders wait." 

"One of the emails said: “Taking our riders to and from their desired locations is one of our most important functions and we assure you every effort is being made to correct problems in this critical area.”

http://www.latimes.c...0216-story.html

John...

22,913 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

6489 more miles booked

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#2 MikefromCrete

MikefromCrete

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Good luck with being on time with L.A. rush hour traffic. 

#3 maxbuskirk

maxbuskirk

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Math, old train schedules

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

You could take an earlier train, unless you take the very first train of the morning.

I have ridden Cascades #516 (SEA-STW), Coast Starlight #14 (LAX-SLO), Southwest Chief #4 (LAX-CHI), Cardinal #50 (CHI-NYP), Northeast Regional #85 (NYP-WAS), Capitol Limited #30 (HFY-WAS), Coast Starlight #14 (LAX-PDX), and many Pacific Surfliners with Amtrak. I have seen, including the previous, California Zephyr #5 at SAC (with luck), what I guess to be Crescent #19 (at WAS) and Silver Meteor #97 (at WAS), and Empire Builder #28 at PDX. I have also ridden the Hokutosei in Japan, Ueno - Sapporo (now discontinued).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users