Flexible fare bonus promotion 2017: what's eligible?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pere Flyer

Lead Service Attendant
I'm taking a short commute this weekend on the HF from OKC to NOR as part of a larger itinerary. I saw AGR's 200 point bonus promotion for booking a flexible fare, so I purchased one for $9.50. My question is, does a trip that short and that cheap qualify for the bonus?

T&C for the FF point bonus promotion:

Earn 200 bonus points on a qualifying Flexible Fare trip between 1/1/2017 12:00:00 a.m. CT and 3/31/2017 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Registration is required to participate. Only one 200-bonus point award may be earned per eligible member. This offer is limited. Not all members are eligible for all offers. Reservations must include your Amtrak Guest Rewards membership number. Cancelled or refunded reservations/tickets will be deemed ineligible. Other terms and conditions may apply.

I really don't know, but here's my experience.

In January, I had an AGR trip. While at the (unstaffed) station, a passenger came and tried to enter the station to purchase a ticket for that train. When I explained that the station is unstaffed and tickets must be bought online, he said he didn't have a smartphone. I offered to buy the ticket for him, and he paid me the $30.

This ticket purchase posted to my AGR account. And it also qualified for the 200 point bonus! (Sometimes it pays to be nice! :giggle: )

Back