Photo

How do I add a second passenger to a AGR (2) sleeper reservation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 C&O RR

C&O RR

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Model trains, anything stamped C&O RR

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

I have already booked a trip using AGR points for just myself in a sleeper, what is the best way to add a second person without losing a ton of points.  I do not want to cancel the reservation that I already have as it was book at a low bucket price.

So is it possible to add a second person that would cost me only the ticket price of one person in AGR points?

Can I pay cash for just the cost of the second person?

Thanks

#2 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

I don't think there's an easy way to add a second customer directly to the reservation without reverting to the current bucket price.

An option, if cash is fine, is to use an open sleeper ticket. That shouldn't affect your current reservation at all and would be priced at the "rail fare" so that it would come out to be the correct cash amount.

#3 C&O RR

C&O RR

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Model trains, anything stamped C&O RR

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

I don't think there's an easy way to add a second customer directly to the reservation without reverting to the current bucket price.

An option, if cash is fine, is to use an open sleeper ticket. That shouldn't affect your current reservation at all and would be priced at the "rail fare" so that it would come out to be the correct cash amount.

Cash is fine.  How would I do this?

Call AGR and say what to them?

Thanks for the help

#4 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

You should be able to call Amtrak directly and request an open sleeper. There shouldn't be a need for AGR to be involved (though I don't think it would hurt to call them to do it.) If they're not sure how to do it, you may need to ask for a supervisor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users