Rental Cars in Denver Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be riding the CZ in May and am wondering if anyone knows if there are any rental car agencies in the station, or will I have to go somewhere else downtown or to the airport pick up a car. Thanks.

I've used the Hertz Local Downtown, others have used Enterprise. Both pickup and drop off but be aware of opening and closing hours, as after hours drop off may require a cab ride or RTD trip back to Union Station. Call and speak to the serving office directly, 800 number folks are not always up to date.

The HLE on Welton had after hours drop off, but that would mean dragging my bags to the light rail, so I dropped off early enough for them to drive me to the station, paid a few bucks to store my bags at baggage, and spent a few hours on the 16th St mall. Of course, all of this (timing) depends on East/West direction of travel.Coming fron the East you arrive in the morning and leave in the evening.

No car rental offices in DENUS. You call ahead and arrange to be picked up. Enterprise Car Rental has been pretty reliable in our two CZ Denver trips in the last two years. The pickups have gone well but we usually set an 8:30 AM pickup time and drive the car in for return around 6PM. The Enterprise lot is about a 10 minute drive from Union Station. As for Hertz we don't use them anymore, since they gypped us out of our points 5 years ago. With AGR points; Enterprise comes through like clockwork.

We have a late spring CZ trip planned so if anyone has a better, more reliable and cost effective car rental in DEN please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely do not go to the airport. It is a LONG way from Union Station and the cars will be more expensive once you get there. Instead, try the downtown area agencies such as Hertz and Enterprise. Uber is available for an inexpensive ride to either if required.

We have used Enterprise both times for our trips to Denver and they were quick on picking you up in the front of the station. Service was good and upgraded us to a larger car for free when they realized I was 6'6 and did not fit into those small SUVs. smile.

The HLE on Welton had after hours drop off, but that would mean dragging my bags to the light rail, so I dropped off early enough for them to drive me to the station, paid a few bucks to store my bags at baggage, and spent a few hours on the 16th St mall. Of course, all of this (timing) depends on East/West direction of travel.Coming fron the East you arrive in the morning and leave in the evening.
Where did you pay a few bucks to store your bags? At the Amtrak baggage office? We'll have some bags we want to check for number 6, and some bags we want to temporarily store so we can tour around town and then carry them on-board.

Thanks,

jb

Yes, at the baggage office. If the weather is nice, the lower downtown area has a lot to offer. The 16th st pedestrian mall, with free hop on/off trams can occupy a lot of time. Coors Field is walking distance for a baseball game if they are playing an early afternoon game.

No car rental offices in DENUS. You call ahead and arrange to be picked up. Enterprise Car Rental has been pretty reliable in our two CZ Denver trips in the last two years. The pickups have gone well but we usually set an 8:30 AM pickup time and drive the car in for return around 6PM. The Enterprise lot is about a 10 minute drive from Union Station. As for Hertz we don't use them anymore, since they gypped us out of our points 5 years ago. With AGR points; Enterprise comes through like clockwork.

We have a late spring CZ trip planned so if anyone has a better, more reliable and cost effective car rental in DEN please let us know.
Anyway, if you want to use Hertz, there's one nearby that will get you.

Back