• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amyontherails

amyontherails

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

I thought I'd take a minute to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Amy, just returned to the US after living overseas for 12 years. I've been using the rails to catch up with friends and explore before settling back into work.

I've always loved trains since my youth, but that was fairly limited in trips. My adult journeys so far include:

Amtrak since mid-December 

California Zephyr EMY-CHI

Capitol Limited CHI-WAS and WAS-CHI

Northeast Corridor (need to check name)  WAS-NPN and NPN-WAS

Southwest Chief CHI-LAX

Texas Eagle LAX-AUS and soon return

Previous trail trips elsewhere

Australia Indian Pacific SYD-ADL-PERTH

Australia Ghan ADL-Alice-Darwin 
New Zealand Coastal Pacific  Blenheim-ChCh, one week before the earthquake took out the rail lines

---

US: California Zephyr, Capital Limited, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle*, Northeast Regional*

Australia: The Ghan, The Indian Pacific, CountryLink*, XPT*

New Zealand: Coastal Pacific

#2 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

Welcome Back!

1963U. S. Congress - underground trolley system • Disneyland train (1968/various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr Coast Starlight •  Southwest ChiefSunset LimitedTexas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr

. . . . . . . Amtrak miles - 16,383, so far.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

Welcome Home and welcome to AU!

Hope you've enjoyed you're stay in Austin and we're envious of your travels and rail adventures!😎
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Welcome Home and welcome to AU!

Hope you've enjoyed you're stay in Austin and we're envious of your travels and rail adventures!

Oh yes, sounds like you had fun! Pleased to have you in the forum, and looking forward to some reports from your adventures.

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users