1 reply to this topic

#1 margo

margo

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

We rode coach (lower level, we're seniors) from Lake Charles to San Antonio.  We arrived an hour early.  The SAS station isn't much , but is large compared to the LCH station.  After 2 days in SAS, we had a roomette to STL. We stayed there 3 days, then back to SAS.  While we were waiting at STL, the agents never told us there was a lounge for sleeper customers.  When I asked, they did not encourage our using it.  It's small, but nice and quiet.  Our 24 hour trip back to SAS was nice.  Our SCA, Debra, was very efficient.  She stayed busy. The coffee was made before 6 am and there was actually cold water in the cooler, WITH CUPS!  The bathrooms were well stocked, too.  Both cities were very enjoyable.  I have   trip reports on Trip Advisor.  We love traveling on Amtrak.

#2 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,310 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:14 AM

Nice trip Margo,thanks for sharing it!

And you are correct about the Lounge in STL,they don't exactly advertise it or encourage those eligible to use it while waiting on their train.

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users