Photo

Anyone Else Get " Enjoy an upgrade to Business class" email?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Triley

Triley

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:01 AM

Hmm... I never said anything earlier, but I received one too.  :giggle:

My posts are my own opinions and do not represent the views of my employer in any way, shape, or form. ~ Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

#22 Train2104

Train2104

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

It seems they're sending these out indiscriminately...have you noticed a signifcant increase in the number of BC passengers on your trains?

#23 Triley

Triley

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

It seems they're sending these out indiscriminately...have you noticed a signifcant increase in the number of BC passengers on your trains?

I wish I could tell you, but it is so quiet this month work wise that I've only worked three train assignments this month, and they were all Acelas. I am curious to see the next time I'm on a Regional though.

My posts are my own opinions and do not represent the views of my employer in any way, shape, or form. ~ Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

#24 uz1

uz1

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

I've used the upgrade coupons a few times. You have to pay the full fare to use it.

With coupons that have some exclusions like applicable rail fare must be paid and offer is subject to availability, I'm always skeptical as to what is the probability that I can use the coupon when I want.      Since I was a little unsure of the terminology of "full fare" so  I called AGR.        AGR rep explained as long as it's not a discounted fare like AAA or the student rate you can use it.   So a Saver fare would still be eligible.   

It was also mentioned on the phone, that if you see space available online to buy a ticket,  then you should be able to use the coupon.   And for the most part on the NEC,  there seems to be space available on most trains.

That being said,  has anyone had experience where they were not able to use their coupon on a saver fare or when space was available in business class?     Any thoughts on a perceived increased coupon usage closer to the expiration date of April 7.

#25 Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Living in Nashville, TN, and having earned Select many years and Select Plus for the first time this past calendar year, I can never use all the upgrade or free access to sleeper lounge's.  They just sit unused in my AGR Account.

#26 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports(except Soccer)/Government-Politics/Reading/Old Buildings
    Movies/Music/Unicorns and Ancient Aliens!

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Living in Nashville, TN, and having earned Select many years and Select Plus for the first time this past calendar year, I can never use all the upgrade or free access to sleeper lounge's.  They just sit unused in my AGR Account.

Lots of us that live in "flyover country" and like to ride Amtrak and obtain status on AGR, end up sharing our coupons with others who can use them.

Just post here on AU and you'll find eager takers!😉

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad

".. I ride on a Mail Train Baby, can't buy a thrill.."--I said that!

"..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#27 Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lots of us that live in "flyover country" and like to ride Amtrak and obtain status on AGR, end up sharing our coupons with others who can use them.

Just post here on AU and you'll find eager takers!

But how do you "deliver" the coupon via email?

#28 districtRich

districtRich

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

For the upgrades all you need is the alphanumeric code which is listed with the "coupon" in your account on the website. The lounge coupons are still paper though.

Acela (6)  California Zephyr (1)  Capitol Limited (7)  Cardinal (1)  Coast Starlight (1)  Empire Builder (1) • Northeast Regional (20+)  Silver Meteor (2) • Texas Eagle (2)  Wolverine (2)

#29 amamba

amamba

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

simply give out the code on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users