Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Uber Drivers Packing Heat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,287 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

Just saw two stories on the News about two Uber Drivers that shot Perps who were trying to Rob/Car Jack them.

One was in New Orleans on Canal St.( the Suspect is a known Criminal and is under arrest after trying a Car Jack while a passenger was in the car ) The Driver shot an innocent bystander who is OK, and the other is in Florida where the perp is DOA!

Both Drivers were licensed to carry and no chargers are pending against the Drivers.

Cue Jim Croce and "Bad Bad Leroy Brown! "

Edited by Bob Dylan, 19 December 2016 - 06:43 PM.

"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#2 norfolkwesternhenry

norfolkwesternhenry

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Boating, Trains, Mountain Biking, Trains, Having Fun, Trains, working on my bikes, Trains, planning my next trip, PV, trains, planning trips for family

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

Just another reason to take public transit, where ever and whenever realistically possible

Empire Builder MSP-CHI (2) CHI-MSP (2) MSP-PDX (1) MSP-CBS (5.5 H late) (1) MKE-MSP (1) MSP-SEA (1) Coast Starlate PDX-EMY (1.5H late) (1) California Zephyr DEN-SLC (1H late) (1) Hiawatha CHI-MKE (1) NE Regional WAS-BAL (1) WAS-NYP (1) Acela Express BAL-WAS (1) BOS-WAS (1) Late Shore (Limited service) CHI-BOS (On Time) (1) Capitol Limited WAS-CHI (1) Texas Eagle SAS-CHI (1.5 HR late, 1 HR late) (2) CHI-SAS (1) (55 min early) Wolverine DET-DER-ARB-CHI (35 Min late) (1) Cascades SEA-VAC (1)
Non-Amtrak: VIA: Corridor Service Q.C.-Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto-Windsor (1) Canadian: VAC-Winnipeg 4.5 H late (1) D. C. metro, Montreal Metro, Toronto subway, Portland streetcars, BART, Metra, NYC subway, Boston subway, Twin cities Blue/Green line

#3 AFS1970

AFS1970

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

We had a big case here in CT a few years ago about a taxi driver carrying a firearm. Now the law at the time required no permit to own a gun in your home or place of business, and this driver had no permit and was considering the taxi as his place of business. Interestingly enough one court sided with him but the appeals court did not, claiming that a car could not be a business location. Our laws have changed since then, but I wonder how Uber's steadfast claim that they are not a taxi company but a ride sharing service would effect such a case?

#4 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Transportation, business, politics, and military history.

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

Show them what you're made of, Uber drivers!

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#5 saxman

saxman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts
  • Interests:Trains, planes, maps, and music

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Just another reason to take public transit, where ever and whenever realistically possible

Because no one ever packs heat on public transit ever...

Amtrak Miles: 203,395 (as of 9/21/16)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users