#222 KnightRail

KnightRail

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Tra[i]norders saying there's life at CAF....have a gander

That post is nothing more than a regurgitation of what was posted/hinted here.

#223 Ngotwalt

Ngotwalt

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, that was me.

Cheers,

Nick

#224 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

I hate saying it, but March is fading fast and no one has posted any graphics vaguely hinting at that something might soon be emerging from Elmira.

Nick

Well, it isn't March but here's a graphic:

200px-Radar2.gif

This one looks good...I hope. Excelsior is standing by.
What's the range on that radar? Are we talking miles or lightyears? Is it solar powered or does it run on imagination?

I heard the delays have allowed upgrades for the VL IIs to make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs now.

Finally someone who doesn't say 14 parsecs! Lol!!! :lol:

Wish you all would quit posting this crap.

And your comment does no good. Those "crap" posts. Whatever they are will keep coming up. So I'm English. Deal with it. ;)
These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#225 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Committee Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

Steve4031, there's a nice little feature in AU that you can use if you think posts are inappropriate. It's the Report feature. Try it, you might like it.

Edited by AmtrakBlue, 21 April 2017 - 08:24 AM.

2011: Jun: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // Nov: WIL=>WAS=>CHI=>PRO (NER=>CL=>CZ)
2012: Apr: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER) // May(NTD): WIL=>PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>PAO=>PHL (Keystone) // Aug: WIL=>WAS (NER) / BWI=>WIL (NER) // Oct(Gathering): PHL=>WIL (NER) / PHL=>HAR=>PHL (Keystone) / SEPTA, NJT, PATCO, River Line, Princeton Dinky
2013: May(NTD): WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct (Gathering): WIL=>CHI (Card) / CHI=>MKE=>GLN=>CHI() / CHI=>JOL=>CHI () / CHI=>WIL(CL=>NER) / CTA, Metra. SEPTA (WIL=>NRK) // Nov:  PHL=>PHL (Autumn Express) 
2014: May(NTD):  WIL=>PHL=>WIL(NER) // May:  WIL=>BOS=>WIL(NER) day trip

2014: Oct(Gathering): WIL=>NYP=>TOL(pd-NER=>LSL) / TOL=>CHI=>LAX=>EMY(pts-LSL=>SWC=>CS) / EMY=>CHI=>TOL (pts-CZ-CL) / TOL=>WAS=>WIL(pd-CL=>NER)
2015: May: CHI=>CIN(pd-Card) / CIN=>WIL(pts Card)
2015;  Oct(Gathering):  WIL=>WAS(Acela) / ALX=>WAS(NER) / WAS=>BAL(Acela) / WAS=>WIL(NER)

2016: Mar: WIL=>WAS=>WIL (NER)  // Oct:  WIL=>NYP=>NYP=>WIL (Autumn Express) 

#226 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,984 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

Steve4031, there's a nice little feature in AU that you can use if you think posts are inappropriate. It's the Report feature. Try it, you might like it.

Or one can selectively "Ignore" posts from so called "crap posters" too, instead of posting more crap posts about crap posts about crap posts, like I am doing right now. :P

#227 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Bloviation is not limited to Ohio.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#228 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,984 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:45 AM

Bloviation is not limited to Ohio.

:D

#229 KnightRail

KnightRail

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

If the radar is indeed not faulty this time, Christmas is either coming eight months early or four months late, based on your philosophical preference.

#230 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

Wish you all would quit posting this crap.

And your comment does no good. Those "crap" posts. Whatever they are will keep coming up. So I'm English. Deal with it. ;)

Fair warning: The remainder of this post will have pictures. If that is problem for anyone, it is fortunate that Devil's Advocate has recently told us how to this should be handled:

Now, for those who are still reading:

If the radar is indeed not faulty this time, Christmas is either coming eight months early or four months late, based on your philosophical preference.

Radar reports are confirmed. Excelsior is staffed and approval has been granted . 

home_logo.png

atlanta.jpg

The capital of New York should have a meeting with these two cities by Tuesday.

Edited by Thirdrail7, 21 April 2017 - 06:25 PM.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#231 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,984 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

Oooh! We are going to double the speed of delivery, eh? Good news indeed. We can now project the order completion by about 2022 then?

#232 neroden

neroden

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts
  • Interests:Please feel free to moderate my posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:29 PM

You know, this might be enough to equip an entire train route.  Consistently.

I wonder whether we will first see a route *abandon its Heritage*, or whether we will see a *Restoration*.  (Hoping for the latter.)

(Also fishing for hilarious cryptic photos)

Edited by neroden, 21 April 2017 - 06:40 PM.

--Nathanael--

Please feel free to moderate my posts.

#233 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,158 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

Apparently they're going to roll out in alphabetical order. :)
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#234 StriderGDM

StriderGDM

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Makes sense since they're most likely to come out in numerical order, and the city names are assigned in alphabetical order to the numbers.

#235 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,158 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

Yeah one of those things that you don't think of until you see it, then it's blindingly obvious.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#236 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

And then as soon as it becomes obvious, comes an exception to prove the rule

#237 WoodyinNYC

WoodyinNYC

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

I wonder whether we will first see a route *abandon its Heritage*, or whether we will see a *Restoration*.  (Hoping for the latter.)

Sorry, I know the Lake Shore Ltd is your train, but I'm hoping it gets new diners last. Among the many advantages of the new cars should be improved reliability in every way. One way that matters a lot to Amtrak, is cars that fail on the NEC, and cars that go slow on the NEC.

When ALL the slow and failure-prone Heritage cars are gone from the NEC, the On Time Performance should improve for ALL other trains. You can't get the full effect you need with many new cars replacing many Heritage cars, or replacing most of them. It's ALL or nothing. And it's worth it.

So the one and only LD train that never operates on the NEC should be the last to benefit from new diners. Such is life.

#238 Anthony V

Anthony V

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

You know, this might be enough to equip an entire train route.  Consistently.

(Also fishing for hilarious cryptic photos)

All of the Heritage equipment that is still roadworthy should be held onto as "Reserve Fleet," so if one or more of the Viewliners are taken out of service for whatever reason (such as a wreck), there will still be some backup equipment available to use until the Viewliners are fixed.

Trains I've traveled on:

Metra:

BNSF Railway Line

Union Pacific Northwest Line

Union Pacific West Line

Tourist railroads:

Rockford Park District Trolley Car #36 - Rockford, IL

Illinois Railway Museum - Union, IL

Mid-Continent Railway Museum - North Freedom, WI

#239 jis

jis

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,984 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Depends on how much it costs to keep equipment that require handcrafted parts, roadworthy.

#240 R30A

R30A

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

Furthermore, even if the Lake Shore, Silver Star and Cardinal all get diners, AND the cardinal becomes daily, there will still be a fairly substantial spare factor, without keeping any Heritage cars active. 

Edited by R30A, 22 April 2017 - 04:07 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

CraigDK, Bob Dylan