AGR - Please get your web site fixed.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KmH

Engineer
Last month I wanted to buy some points.

I was able to log in to AGR, but then could not log in the second time get to the page to buy points.

I contacted AGR and was told they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

I tried again tonight to log into my AGR and when I click on Log In on the first page the box that pops up just says 'Loading' forever, never giving me the chance to log in.

I enabled 3rd party cookies, disabled my Blur, Ghostery, and Ad Block to no avail.

Wow!

I'm sure that you are aware that we are not Amtrak, but a reiteration is sometimes a good thing...

Last month I wanted to buy some points.

I was able to log in to AGR, but then could not log in the second time get to the page to buy points.

I contacted AGR and was told they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

I tried again tonight to log into my AGR and when I click on Log In on the first page the box that pops up just says 'Loading' forever, never giving me the chance to log in.

I enabled 3rd party cookies, disabled my Blur, Ghostery, and Ad Block to no avail.

Wow!
Right-click on "Log In" and select open in new tab (Explorer or Edge) or, use Chrome...works as it should.

I use Chrome.

But the right-click on "Log In" works.

Unfortunately, I still get an error when I try to log in the second time get to the page to buy points.

Edit: I discovered the trick. . . . . .I have to enable 3rd party cookies in Chrome to log in to the Buy Points page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to buy points.

I could not log directly into AGR.

When I got the login page, the system would hang.

I tried lo login to Amtrak.com and was able to get to AGR.

Next I filled in the forms to purchase points for another AGR member.

I entered my credit card info and received a response that I had purchased

the points. When I looked at my email, I received another mail message there

was a problem and my credit card had not been charged, but I should try again.

I did and received the same message. I was using my AGR credit card.

I tried again using a different credit card - same error.

I called AGR and the agent told me they had nothing to do with points purchasing,

but I should try again. She did confirm the AGR number I was using was correct.

Again I tried (5th attempt) and it failed. I again called AGR and in the course of our

conversation, the agent advised me that the account I was trying purchase the points

had already reached the maximum points that could be purchased.

I checked both of my credit card accounts and they had been charged (on a Pending basis)

five times. Too bad when I received the error message, it did not explain what the error was.

Back