KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:45 PM

Last month I wanted to buy some points.

I was able to log in to AGR, but then could not log in the second time get to the page to buy points.

I contacted AGR and was told they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

I tried again tonight to log into my AGR and when I click on Log In on the first page the box that pops up just says 'Loading' forever, never giving me the chance to log in.

I enabled 3rd party cookies, disabled my Blur, Ghostery, and Ad Block to no avail.

Wow!

U. S. Congress - underground trolley system (1963) • Disneyland train (1968 and various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr - Coast Starlight 

. . . . . . .Total Amtrak miles - 11,390

• 4993 miles booked May '17 - Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Illinois Zephyr.

#2 CCC1007

CCC1007

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:06 AM

I'm sure that you are aware that we are not Amtrak, but a reiteration is sometimes a good thing...

#3 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

Last month I wanted to buy some points.

I was able to log in to AGR, but then could not log in the second time get to the page to buy points.

I contacted AGR and was told they were aware of the issue and were working on it.

I tried again tonight to log into my AGR and when I click on Log In on the first page the box that pops up just says 'Loading' forever, never giving me the chance to log in.

I enabled 3rd party cookies, disabled my Blur, Ghostery, and Ad Block to no avail.

Wow!

Right-click on "Log In" and select open in new tab (Explorer or Edge) or, use Chrome...works as it should.

John...
Coast Starlight -  VAN~LAUS (Oct '16); LAUS~PDX (Oct '16); LAUS~SLO (Jun '16); LAUS~SEA round trip (Jul '14); LAUS~PDX round trp (Oct '06); SBA~OKJ round trip (Jan '74)

Empire Builder - PDX~SPK (Oct '16).

Southwest Chief - CHI~LAUS (Aug '15); LAUS~WMJ round trip (Jan '12); LAUS~ABQ round trip (Oct '11)

Capitol Limited - CHI~WAS round trip (Aug '15).
Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle - LAUS~CHI (Jul-Aug '15); LAUS~TPL round trip (Aug '13), (Dec '12)

Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink - Numerous trips and various points between SLO and SAN

White Pass and Yukon Route Railway -  (July '14); Grand Canyon Railway -  (Jan '12); Napa Valley Wine Train - (Aug '15); Fillmore and Western Railway
PVs: Overland Trail, Silver Splendor, Tioga Pass, Salisbury Beach, Pacific Sands, Pacific Trail, Colonial Crafts, and Acoma
Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#4 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

I use Chrome.

But the right-click on "Log In" works.

Unfortunately, I still get an error when I try to log in the second time get to the page to buy points.

Edit: I discovered the trick. . . . . .I have to enable 3rd party cookies in Chrome to log in to the Buy Points page.

Edited by KmH, 03 December 2016 - 11:15 AM.

U. S. Congress - underground trolley system (1963) • Disneyland train (1968 and various other dates) • Old Tucson steam train (1969)

Amtrak: California Zephyr - Coast Starlight 

. . . . . . .Total Amtrak miles - 11,390

• 4993 miles booked May '17 - Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Illinois Zephyr.

#5 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

I was trying to buy points.

I could not log directly into AGR.

When I got the login page, the system would hang.

I tried lo login to Amtrak.com and was able to get to AGR.

Next I filled in the forms to purchase points for another AGR member.

I entered my credit card info and received a response that I had purchased

the points.  When I looked at my email, I received another mail message there

was a problem and my credit card had not been charged, but I should try again.

I did and received the same message. I was using my AGR credit card.

I tried again using a different credit card - same error.

I called AGR and the agent told me they had nothing to do with points purchasing,

but I should try again.  She did confirm the AGR number I was using was correct.

Again I tried (5th attempt) and it failed.  I again called AGR and in the course of our

conversation, the agent advised me that the account I was trying purchase the points

had already reached the maximum points that could be purchased.

I checked both of my credit card accounts and they had been charged (on a Pending basis)

five times.  Too bad when I received the error message, it did not explain what the error was.

Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

#6 Shanghai

Shanghai

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

I was able to log directly into AGR without issue.  Must have fixed the problem.

Spirit of St Louis, Broadway Limited, Three Rivers, Cardinal, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Pennsylvanian, Keystone, Silver Meteor, Regional, Acela, Capitol Limited, Hoosier State, Texas Eagle, Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Ethan Allen, Eurostar, TGV, BR, Orient Express, Netherlands Rail, SCNF, DSB, Deutsche Bahn, KCRC, MRT, MTR, California Zephyr, Carolinian, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln Service, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, BART, CalTrain, NJ Transit, SEPTA, PATCO, Dinky, MBTA, Downeaster, UTA Trax, Heartland Flyer, Hiawatha, Illinois Zehpyr,Carl Sandburg, Piedmont, Vermonter, Metro North

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users