After a LONG hiatus from TS work, here is a batch of mod updates for the newly re-released NEC - New York to Philadelphia / AEM-7 [http://store.steampowered.com/app/65232] and Acela Express [http://store.steampowered.com/app/65231]. Most of the update highlights are mentioned in the commentary. Remember to always read the readme file for more information and installation instructions. Thanks and enjoy =)
This is the Sacramento Northern Holman Class 1003 Interurban MU & GE 65 Tonner Steeple Cab Mod Pack.
In order to utilize this freeware physics upgrade, you must have purchased the "Train Simulator: Sacramento Northern: Suisun Bay – San Francisco Route Add-On" pack available at Steam: http://store.steampo....com/app/376979
This is a freeware pack; in no way is it to be used for commercial purposes. You are free, however to further modify the physics and sound enhancements found in this pack for personal use if you so choose.
The purpose of this pack is to adjust the physics performance of the Class 1003 Interurban Multiple Unit and add a more prototypical motor / gearbox sound.
List of changes (MU):
1. Modified tractive effort of motor car and braking rate.
2. Ensured trailer cars are actually unpowered (unpowered the trucks).
3. Adjusted motor & trailer weights.
4. Adjusted master controller position response levels.
5. Fixed ammeter.
List of changes (Steeple Cab):
1. Modified tractive effort curve.
2. Adjusted weight.
1. Holman Car Co. Class 1003 Interurban MU (Motor Control Car)
a. Starting tractive effort of 11,240 lbs (50 kN) to 18.7 mph
b. Starting Acceleration: 1.0 mph/s to 2.5 mph/s (Depending on motor/trailer ratio)
c. Wheel horsepower of 560 hp (418 kW) @ 18.7 mph
d. Balancing speed of ~ 65-90 mph in Full Parallel (Depending on motor/trailer ratio)
e. Weight = 98,560 lbs (44 imperial tons)
f. Max traction amps = 500
2. Trailer Car (Various Builders)
a. Weight = 61,000 (27.23 imperial tons)
3. General Electric 65 Tonner Steeple Cab:
a. Starting tractive effort of 30,000 lbs (133.45 kN)
b. Continuous TE of 21,600 lbs (96.1 kN) @ 13.2 mph
c. Wheel horsepower of 848 hp (632.836 kW) @ 15 mph
d. Weight of 126,640 lbs (56.536 imperial tons)
e. Max traction amps = 500
Class 1003 MU Master Controller Operating Instructions:
1. There are 7 points of power on the MC.
2. Points 1-4 are Series points, with notch 4 (57%) being Full Series, no resistance.
3. Points 5-7 are Parallel points, with notch 7 (100%) being Full Parallel, no resistance.
4. Points 1-3 and 5-6 are resistance points, meaning power is being fed through the traction resistors when the controller is in these points.
5. Proper operation entails that only points 4 and 7 be used continuously for any given length of time. Otherwise, you risk burning up the resistor grids.
6. When accelerating, notch up progressively through each point, spending no more than 2 seconds in any point that is not a continuous point.
7. The MC cannot be backed off; you must place the MC back in off (coast) position before notching back up to the new lower desired point of power.
8. For low speed yard moves, use points 1 and 2 to attain desired speed, then place MC in coast. To maintain low speed, alternate between point 1 and coast.
Minor update to the Sacramento Northern Mod Pack: removed power knock off feature, allowing you to flash the motors (take power with brakes applied). Good for starting heavy trains on steep uphill grades. Same download link. Enjoy =)