Live Report from Coast Starlight

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crescent-zephyr

Engineer
Roomette on the Coast Starlight, southbound Seattle to Los Angeles.

Seattle has the boarding pass process now, so you stand in line, have your ticket scanned, and given a boarding pass with car and room # (seat # for coach). You have to do this before boarding. Seems like an unnecessary step, but it wasn't painful. Ha.

Train arrived for boarding at 9:35, we left 10 minutes late at 9:45.

Long train for holidays, 4 sleepers. The Parlour car isn't overly crowded though (my biggest fear! Ha).

My car attendant was very average. He did the basics I guess but nothing else. He wasn't rude, but also wasn't overly friendly.

Dining car staff had been great! Camellia is the LSA, and the waiter is Joy and the waitress is Andrea or Amanda. All have been extremely friendly and professional.

Darren is the Parlour Car attendant. I remember him from years ago. He was an excellent waiter last night. Very personal yet professional service.

Lamb in the Parlour Car is still excellent!

China and glassware is still being used in the Parlour Car. New plasticware in the diner (silver pattern instead of blue, I like it, looks more like real China, but it's still plastic).

The conductor south of Portland decided to make a big announcement about a couple having sex in a bathroom... Pretty unprofessional but what are you gonna do. Most of the passengers seemed to get a laugh out of it.

The Moscow Mule in the take home cooper cup seems popular, I've seen lots of the cups in the Parlour car.

Good timekeeping, we should get in early.

Of course the scenery has been great as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back